12 - Ultimatum

In the exercise room, Reno is pumping iron, he's working up a sweat as he pants in effort. Iharu is right next to him. He groans in slight irritancy.

Iharu: Don't you think you might be overdoing it? 

Reno continues. 

Iharu: What are thinking anyway? Not worried about the old dude and Y/N? You were quick to agree to the transfer.

Reno stops trying to catch his breath.

Reno: I have to get stronger. 

Iharu: You can get stronger here, you know? That's how we've done it this whole time, remember? 

Reno: I know. I'm sure if I stayed I'd continue to improve. But still, I want to get strong as fast as I can. So that next time, I can protect Kafka. And to an extent, Y/N as well. I'd rather have it be this way instead of them always jumping in to protect me. 

Iharu: What next time? Do you really think they're coming back? 

Reno: I know it. They will. And I don't want to regret my weakness when they do. 

Iharu: Look, I don't want that either! 

Iharu then groans in frustration. 

Iharu: Damn it, fine! I'll train too! I'm not gonna lose to you too, ya hear me?! 

He then grabs both handles of the peloton, cycling with grit teeth. Tae appears in the doorway with Ryo and Akari. 

Tae: Simmer down. What are you guys arguing about? 

Reno: Platoon Leaders? 

Ryo: Today's the day the DF is gonna figure out what to do with Hibino and L/N. 

The three look scared knowing the both of you could die after today. 

Ryo: It's hard to stay focused thinking about that. 

Tae: You guys are in the same boat as us, huh? 

Akari keeps her upbeat mood intact.

Akari: I'm sure it'll work out! We all wrote that letter asking for clemency together! 

Tae: And the board summoned Captain Ashiro to the HQ too. 

Reno's head perks up.

Reno: Seriously? 

Akari: Yup! They did! That means they have to have good news for her!

Ariake Base. 

You and Kafka keep on the offensive. Isao dodges Kafka's fist, and your claws by simply shifting his body to the side. But what takes him by surprise is seeing your body and Kafka twist like pretzels, blood gushing out i the process. Even with your bodies being twisted, Kafka pummels Isao into the ground as you stab Isao in the arm. Kafka's punch causes an explosion. But Isao manages to hold back your claws and Kafka's fist. However, the two of you regenerate right after, your bodies returning to normal. Yet Kafka gains more strength, he rapidly punches Isao like a madman while you swing your claws at a fast pace. Your swings soon turn into your retracting your claws just to punch Isao as well, blasting him with your plasma vision as well. 

Kikoru: DAD!

Isao manages to jump back, but he runs back up to charge his fists, hitting the two of you in your chests. You and Kafka go flying into the wall. However, the both of you used your bodies as decoys, while you ambush Isao from behind, clashing with him, and causing more destruction to the floor as it cracks apart. The mere force of the clash causes the inner walls  of the shelter start to fall down. Cammie stumbles down, but she stands back up holding Nugget.