4 - Fortitude 9.8

Kafka's determinated face is shown on screen in front of Mina and Hoshina.

Kafka: This time, I am NOT giving up! No matter what! 

Kafka gets up. 

Kafka: Ow ow ow...

Reno: Sir, are you okay?

Kafka suddenly chuckles, standing upright.

Kafka: Look who's upright again!

Cammie: Yeah, I'm sure that hurts like hell.

Y/N: Ha. No doubt.

Konomi gasps at seeing this.

Konomi: He's... standing. Although it must be painful on that broken leg. 

Hoshina chuckles at the screen.

Hoshina: (over his earpiece) Suit yourself, pal. But if it gets too heated, I'll hit your shield. 

Kafka smiles widely.

Kafka: Understood! 

Kafka holds back coughing up blood, but he successfully stops it from coming out his mouth. He looks to you, Reno, and Cammie. 

Kafka: Hey Ichikawa, so you've got no reason to stick with me now. We made a deal. What happens to me is for me to work out-

Reno holds out his hand.

Reno: I'll help you out, sir.

Y/N: As will I.

Cammie: And I. 

Kafka steps forward. 

Kafka: Alright. If you insist.

Hoshina ends up laughing his ass off at this encounter, he ends up looking at Kafka and Hoshina in particular, not even focusing on you. 

Hoshina: Are these guys serious? 

Reno holds Kafka above his shoulders, Reno shouts in an effort to rush forward. Cammie runs with the boys as you float with them. Kafka yells too.

Reno: Can you at least try not to draw attention to us?! 

Kafka: (brushes off Reno's reply) Right now, you gotta be our legs. Your suit can help carry some of the load. Even if this broken bone hurts like hell. 

Y/N: Kafka, I've seen what a broken bone leads to. If your artery gets ruptured-

Kafka: I'm a kaiju, Y/N. Remember?

Y/N: Oh. Let's hope you have a regenerative factor in this case.

Kafka: I have no doubt that I do. ..Kinda. Sorta.

Cammie: Only one way to find out, lad.

Reno: Speaking of, we'll need your kaiju knowledge, you three. You shoot, I'll drive!

Kafka: Copy!

Hoshina slams his palm onto a table, laughing more and more. 

Hoshina: Just pass 'em already! We need a duo of funny guys on the team! 

Konomi looks back at Hoshina with grit teeth. 

Konomi: We're at work! 

Kafka: Find Kikoru, she's around her somewhere!

Y/N: It'll take a while, Kafka. But Reno, pick up the pace! We gotta find her!

Reno does so, speeding off. The air rushes through Kafka's mouth, moving in waves and revealing his teeth. You fly next to them. 

Elsewhere, more kaiju rise from the ground, Kikoru rushes past Iharu, killing said kaiju with precise aim while she moves swiftly.

Reno: Get ready to engage as soon as we catch up with her!

Y/N: Then I'll see you there!

You zoom off. Kikoru continues to slay kaiju in front of the other recruits, especially Aoi. He groans in frustration.