5 - Squad Up!

At a shack, Kafka lets out a scared scream. You flinch at hearing him.

Kafka: THIS TENSION IS GONNA KILL ME! I'M SCARED I'M SCARED!

Cammie: Ugh! Kafka laddie, could you not be so loud?!

Kafka: I'm sorry Cammie but I'm filled with fear!

Reno: You should thank me for giving you the push at the hospital! What happened to my cool co-worker ready to fight for his dreams?

Kafka whimpers, but he stops once he sees 2 envelopes being placed down on the table.

Kafka: Alright, let's open them at the same time. However this turns out, it's my last shot.

Y/N: It really is. 

The two then tear open the envelopes. 

Y/N: A real moment of truth.

Kafka inhales, then exhales.

Kafka: 1...

Reno: 2...

The two lift their papers up. Thankfully, they've both been accepted into the JADKDF. Kafka gasps.

Kafka: YE-

Back to Tachikawa Base.

Haruichi stands tall in his military uniform, as you are and Cammie as well. Haruichi steps up to Aoi as plenty of other cadets are also jam packed into the room.

Haruichi: Hey. It's good to see you, not that I'm shocked. 

Aoi: Yeah. Same to you.

The two then look to you and Cammie.

Haruichi: So you're the one sporting a prototype suit that can fly?

Y/N: Yep. Same suit keeps my heart beating.

Aoi: I heard rumors. Is it really true that a kaiju needle is stuck right in the middle of your heart? How does that happen?

Y/N: Bad luck I suppose. Same bad luck also took away two of my most valued teammates from me. 

Cammie looks to the side in sadness.

Haruichi: Oh. I'm sorry, Y/N.

You calm your nerves.

Y/N: It comes with the job, Haruichi. Hard to not get attached in this line of work when you spend most of the time with men and women you fight and bleed alongside. 

Aoi: I see. And I know what I'll expect the moment we're out on the field, Y/N.

Cammie: Just try to keep your heads up and keep your senses sharps, guys. The kaiju out there are ruthless. 

Haruichi: Aren't they all? I'm more surprised that Shinomiya fanboy isn't here.

Aoi looks to Haru.

Aoi: Were you hoping he'd come here? 

Haruichi: Not "hoping", per se. 

The doors open revealing Kikoru, who has fully healed from her injuries. You walk up to her.

Y/N: Kikoru, you pulled through.

Kikoru: I always do, Y/N.

You hug her, Cammie also hugs her before letting go. She then looks to you.

Kikoru: Not to mention, you pulled through too.

Y/N: Cause I'm a tough bastard of course. I'll never let a nasty faced kaiju be the end of me.

Cammie: Exactly!

Kikoru laughs with you and Cammie. Haruichi continues to look off to the side.

Haruichi: Here I thought I was going to make it to the number 1 spot before that girl strolled in. Least I got some competition for number 2.