10 - Kaiju X

In the heat of battle, Kafka contacts you suddenly.

Kafka: Y/N! It's Hoshina! He's facing Kaiju Number 10 on his own and he's on his last leg! I need you here now!

Y/N: Now? Kafka, I understand we have to protect our superior, but our kaiju forms could be revealed then you and I are target practice!

Kafka: It doesn't matter, get here right away!

You sigh, flying off to the training area. 

Timeskip.

Hoshina put up a good fight against Kaiju Number 10 for an extended period of time, but it ended up wearing him down, and wounding him badly. 10 picks up Hoshina, bringing him close. Cammie and Reno however, appear as they see you and Kafka run up to 10.

Reno: Y/N, KAFKA! YOU CAN'T DO IT!

Cammie: NO!

Tossing your rifle to the side, and shifting out of your battle suit, you're close to transforming into Kaiju X yet again. Looking to the right, Kafka nearly transforms into Kaiju Number 8. But the two of you stop once you hear Mina's voice.

Mina: Good job on holding down the fort, everyone. 

Konomi is heard over comms.

Konomi: Wait... is that...?

Hoshina, coughing up blood and looking at the enlarged Kaiju Number 10, chuckling.

Hoshina: Well, kaiju. (laughs) You lose.

10's right arm is blown right off. It screams in pain as Hoshina lands on the ground. The arm lands on the ground as well with a very loud thud.

Hoshina: I am the Vice Captain of the 3rd Division. And I'll be damned if any of your kind gets to kill me.

Mina is posted on a vantage point, Bakko, her white and black tiger, holds her back to keep her upright when firing. 

Mina: Okonogi, no time to waste on protocol. I'm blasting this thing apart.

Konomi: Yes ma'am! 

10 looks back at Mina, only to get shot in the shoulder. It screams again as blood flows out. It tossing projectiles at her, Mina and Bakko jump from the rooftop, running across other rooftops. 10 starts to regrow its wounds.

Konomi: It's regenerating! (gasps) Captain, the core is in its back! Located somewhere around the 4th to 6th thoracic vertebrae!

Mina: Copy! 

Kafka runs to cover, but keeps running with you. Hoshina is also in cover.

Hoshina: Well... it's not easy. Guess I'll give it one final push!

Hoshina runs fast at 10's ankles, slashing into one of them. He presses on, jumping into the air and continues to cut him. 10 yells in pain.

Konomi: Sir, you need to stop! You've already pushed your suit's limits! 

10 regens easily. Kikoru then appears, trying to hack into 10, but the axe bounces right off, she skids backwards on the ground.

Kikoru: Dammit! 

Hoshina runs past her. 

Hoshina: Go ahead Shinomiya! I'll crack it open for ya! Then you smash right into its wound!

Hoshina rapidly slashes 10 up, and Kikoru slams her into 10. 10 screams in pain before she tumbles backwards on the ground. Reno appears to hold her as does Cammie.

Reno: Shinomiya!

You appear as well, getting to her side. She groans in agony, a hologram appears showcasing one thing.