6 - Operation Sagamihara

At the surveillance room, Mina stands in front of a holographic map table as the room is full operation. 

Mina: Okonogi. Give us a sitrep. 

Konomi: Right. Evacuation of the surrounding area commenced at 02:45. 

Mina: We've got JSDF support? 

Konomi: Yes ma'am. They're setting up an artillery command post at the Leon Mall parking lot right now. 

Mina continues staring at the map showing a red moving blip that goes past the roads and blocks.

Mina: And what do we know about this Honju? 

Konomi: It burrowed underground and started growing shortly after emerging near Kannawa fault. We believe it's resurfacing now because it's starting its reproduction phase. The Honju's re-emergence was accompanied by the appearance of large numbers of Yoju. 

Officer: No kidding. How many of these bastards are there?

Hoshina: Many. But at least the neutralization area's close. 

Mina clears her throat as the map shows lettered sections.

Mina: In order to reduce collateral damage, we need to be careful about where we eliminate the Honju. Our best bet is in the middle of Sector Bravo. That's where I'll be taking out the Honju.  (points at E) Sniper nest will be here, in Sector Echo. We'll have a clear line of sight along National Route 16. We'll log this mission at the Sagamihara Neutralization Operation.  

Mina salutes her allies.

Mina: Move out, and good luck. 

Her allies return the salute.

In the now empty streets, the red street lights flash red with the symbols of kaiju. As the lights flash, a dozen of Defense Force trucks roll down the street. As you're fully suited up with your helmet over your head, Cammie is masked up with the rest of the officers. Hoshina is sitting right in the middle of the officers as you and Cammie sit next to Kikoru. Reno and Kafka are sitting across from you.

Hoshina: So, how are you guys feeling?  Everyone ready to gun down some kaiju? 

Cammie: You know it, Vice Captain. 

As silence grows, Nugget is still on Cammie's shoulder. 

Cammie: After all that time tinkering in my room, it's time to put those anti kaiju missiles to the test. 

Nugget beeps.

Cammie: You'll be alright, Nugs. You won't be turned into scrap, not when I'm here. 

Nugget then nuzzles against Cammie's cheek. Hoshina chuckles.

Hoshina: Can't wait to see that little Droid blow my mind away, MacCloud. 

Cammie: Oh don't you worry, he'll be a tough bastard to put down. 

Hoshina: That puts me at ease.

Kafka breathes steadily, but his mask falls down as he holds back vomit. But he ends up vomiting on the floor. Right near Kikoru as she screams and puts her feet up on the seat.

Y/N: Kafka! Are you serious?

Kafka coughs.

Kafka: Sorry everyone. I got so nervous that I couldn't stop eating. 

Hoshina: Does your appetite always work backwards? 

Iharu: We need an open window! Now! 

Kikoru glares at Kafka.