Disappearance and Discovery

Jaxon's disappearance from the locker sent shockwaves through the school. His mother, Ms. Bluu, arrived in a whirlwind of worry, her voice echoing through the halls, "I want to know where my son is or I will sue this entire school!"

Principle Green attempted to calm her, assuring her that everything was being done to find Jaxon. He pleaded his voice crackling under the force of her fury. "Ms. Bluu, we are doing everything we can to find him," he pleaded.

Ms. Bluu's voice rose again, laced with anger. "What do you mean? He was under your care!"

Marley, his face etched with concern, stammered an explanation. "Ma'am, I am so sorry. Your son was in the locker, and then he just...wasn't."

Ms. Bluu's eyes narrowed. "Have you lost your mind?!" she accused.

Suddenly, a joyous shout cut through the tension. "Mom!"

Jaxon emerged from down the hall, a wide grin on his face. Ms. Bluu rushed to him, engulfing him in a tight embrace. "Oh my goodness, baby, are you okay?"

"Yeah," Jaxon chirped, his voice muffled by his mother's hug.

Ms. Bluu pulled back, her gaze flickering over his face. She noticed a splash of color on his cheek – remnants of face paint – and a strange wristband on his arm. "Jaxon, where were you?" she questioned, her voice laced with concern.

"I went to a theme park with June," Jaxon explained with a dreamy smile on his face.

Ms. Bluu's brow furrowed. "June? Who is June? Is that one of the teachers?"

Jaxon shook his head. "No, she's my friend. She showed me how to travel through the darkness."

Ms. Bluu, overwhelmed by confusion, hugged Jaxon tightly once more. With a hurried goodbye, she swept him out of the school, leaving behind a bewildered Taylor watching from the doorway.

Later that night, Jaxon sprawled on his bedroom floor, engrossed in a complex train set construction with his trusty teddy bear Yuki, perched on the tracks. Ms. Bluu paced in the next room, her voice strained as she spoke into the phone.

"He's in his room playing with his toys," Ms. Bluu explained. "I asked him where he was and he just kept saying he went to a theme park with this June person."

The voice on the phone, Ms. Bluu's sister Ranae, crackled through the receiver. "Is that a teacher? Because honey, that sounds like a kidnapping situation."

"Principal Green said there's no employee by that name," Ms. Bluu replied, worry lacing her voice. "Maybe he just ran off with a girl student and made up the whole theme park thing."

"That crossed my mind too," Ranae agreed. "But that wristband..." Her voice trailed off.

Ms. Bluu glanced towards her open laptop screen. On it, a website displayed a vibrant picture of a futuristic theme park – Space Xo. "But the wristband! It has his name on it, and the theme park's name too."

A tense silence filled the line. "Girl, we need to find whoever this June is and get to the bottom of this," Ranae declared.

Ms. Bluu's eyes focused intently back on the laptop screen. "There's only one Space Xo theme park, and it's in Kansas City. That's seventeen hours away from New York City!"

Her gaze flickered towards Jaxon's room, where a sudden burst of laughter erupted. Ms. Bluu cut her eyes over to the phone, a hint of suspicion creeping in. "Maybe it's your baby daddy trying to scare you," Ranae suggested with a hint of amusement.

Through the doorway, Ms. Bluu saw Jaxon doubled over with laughter, shouting, "June, wait! Wait!"

A wave of unease washed over her. She approached Jaxon's room, peering in cautiously. He sat on a chair, still giggling uncontrollably. But a dark shadow fell across him, obscuring the view of who he was with.

"Jaxon?" Ms. Bluu called out, her voice laced with concern.

There was no response. The shadow moved, combing what looked like long, dark hair.

Ms. Bluu's heart hammered against her ribs. "Jaxon!" she repeated once more, this time her voice sharper with urgency.

Still no answer. Slowly, Ms. Bluu crossed the room, her eyes narrowed. Just as she was about to reach the chair, Jaxon jumped up and dashed into his closet, giggling.

"Boo!" he shouted, emerging a moment later, a playful grin on his face.

Ms. Bluu forced a nervous chuckle, pulling him into a tight hug. Relief washed over her momentarily, but then she noticed a detail that sent a shiver down her spine. Jaxon's hair, usually short and unruly, was now partially braided.