ChAptEr TWo

Michael's POV

I swallowed the pill and washed it down with some soda. Mani smiled excitedly, and closed her eyes. I followed her lead, and did the same.

"When you open your eyes, the world will look bright and cheerful. People will look the same, but their surroundings will look perfect. Open your eyes in 3....2....1...." We both opened our eyes. The world looked completely different.

I started climbing the hill that was now green and beautiful. Imaginary butterflies swirled around me, and for the first time ever, I felt completely happy. I looked back to see Mani behind me, surrounded by flowers almost as beautiful as her. We kept climbing, taken by the scenery. Once a hellish LA now looked like a perfect demension.

"I can't believe you made this. It's amazing!" I said as we sat down at the top of the hill.

"Thank you. Woah! Look at the sky!" Mani said, and pointed to the sky, which was blue with the most beautiful clouds. Birds with long tail feathers flew around, and the usuall LA smog had disappeared.

"You know, I really like you. You care about your future, and keep yourself happy. I'm glad I could share this with you." She said, and grabbed my hand. We layed in the grass, which in reality was burnt and flaky, but looked green and lushious.

We layed in the grass until dark. We could hear the rest of the group getting high in the distance, but didn't join them. We knew that with this little pill, we would see the world in a better way.

"Look at the stars, they're so bright!" Mani said. Her eyes glistened against the moon, and her smile was bright and clear. She moved so her head was resting on my chest, and she yawned.

"Sing to me, Michael, please," She said.

"What?" I asked.

"Calum said you guys were in a band, and that you all sang. I want to hear you. Please," She yawned, and looked at me eagerly.
"Well, okay." I gave in.

"In the morning when you wake up
I like to believe you are thinking of me
And when the sun comes through your window
I like to believe you've been dreaming of me

Dreaming mmm mmm

I know
'cause I'd spend half this morning
Thinking about the t-shirt you sleep in

I should know
'cause I'd spend all the whole day
Listening to your message I'm keeping and never deleting

When I saw you,
Everyone knew
I liked the effect that you had on my eyes

But no one else heard
The weight of your words
Or felt the effect that they have on my mind

Falling mmm mmm

I know
'cause I'd spend half this morning
Thinking about the t-shirt you sleep in

I should know
'cause I'd spend all the whole day
Listening to your message I'm keeping and never deleting"

I sang Tee Shirt, by Birdy, and Mani hummed along.

"That was amaz-" I cut her off, by attaching our lips. She kissed me back, and wrapped her arms around my neck. I couldn't help but smile into the kiss, and she giggled. After we pulled away, I held her and kissed her cheek down to her jawline.

"I think I love you, but don't even know your last name, " She said, and we giggled.

"Clifford. My name is Michael Gordon Clifford. And you are?" I asked.

"Imara Mani Todd. I go by my middle name." She said, and I could see her blushing.

"Mani, have you ever been told that you're beautiful?" I asked. She nodded her head, and blushed.

"Well, because you are," I said, and kissed her forehead. We sat and held each other for about an hour, and noticed that we couldn't hear Skii, Alli, Ash, Cal, or Luke.

"It's getting late, we should probably head home," Mani said, and got up.

"Do you want to come over to my house? Alli told me that you two shared an apartment, and I bet that Calum and her are going to hook up tonight," I giggled.

"Yeah, that'd be nice," She beamed.

We walked down the hill, and saw that the drug stash was completely gone.

"Oh shit, they did all those drugs?!" I gasped, and Mani laughed.

"Fuck, they're going to feel so stupid tomorrow!" She said, and picked up the bottle of her special drugs.

"Oh, that reminds me, what do you think we should call the world we found within the drug?" She asked, and put it in

"How about...ForNever Land?" I suggested, and she hugged me.

"Perfect. Whenever we feel like useless humans, we'll take a pill to ForNever Land." She said, and we made our way through the buashes.

We walked to Ashton and I's apartment hand in hand.

"Do you like Twister?" I asked.

"I love Twister!" She replied, and we high-fived.

"I have it, we can play it when we get to the apartment," I suggested, and she smiled.

We found a Wonderland