t h i r t e e n

BENEDICT HAD watched Eden dance with several different people

BENEDICT HAD watched Eden dance with several different people. The princess had arrived and he had walked over to Daphne speaking to her before going over to Eden and greeting her. Benedict's jealousy only grew as he watched her and the higher rank speak.

" May I have this Dance your Highness?" The prince asked his cousin.

" of course your majesty" she smiled at him and they walked to the dance floor.

Anthony walked over to Benedict watching as his brothers face nearly exploded with jealousy and smirked. " Surely you also think they'd be an amazing pair?" Anthony began to tease his brother with a smirk on his face.

" Mhm" Benedict hummed in response. " He is far too unorganized for her" he said trying to find reasons why they shouldn't court together. " does he even know what she enjoys? Her favourite colour? Dish? Or even favourite animal?" He rambled

" Relax brother , they are cousins. No need to let the world see your jealousy" Anthony said with a laugh before he walked away from his younger brother.

Benedict was embarrassed yet relieved but still upset that other men had dance with the girl of his dreams. Like before he pushed his jealousy down and asked Ms. Nether if she wanted to dance and she gladly took his hand.

He felt uncomfortable dancing with someone that wasn't her but he didn't have much of a choice since her time was occupied by someone else.

She surely didn't feel the same as her usual gorgeous smile shon through the room as the they conversed. Benedict wasn't even paying attention to the person he was dancing with but more so towards the Princess and her suitor. It was frustrating for the girl and Benedict because she tried to make conversation with him and he wasn't even looking at her.

They silently danced the girl regretting granting his wish of dancing with her as he noticed his eyes were set on the princess. Some women of the ton loved the princess but a lot enveyed her due to the soul purpose of the fact she has many suitors that they want.

The night ended with Eden frowning as she thought Benedict didn't show up. She felt the tears brim her eyes as she got into her carriage upset that she didn't get to dance with the Bridgerton boy. She had dance with Everyman in that room but him. She thought he'd Atleast show up for her but he didn't.

As the carriage rolled home her gaze was blank while staring off into nothing. She felt upset with herself for getting so attached. She has never gotten so attached to someone other than one person.

That person was her brother. Timotheè , he was the queens child by blood and older then her too. But he was her best friend but eventually he left to travel around the world and hasn't returned since. Ever since then she stopped connecting with her siblings deciding to stick to the only bond she had. The bond with her parents.