The Boring Starting Line

10 months later...

10 months have passed, and I'm already in the lecture hall of U.A. High School. Once again, my parents were too excited and sent me off early. And once again, a familiar sour face greets me. Bakugo gives me an indifferent glance and sits one spot away from me. Ever since the sludge villain incident, Bakugo would never admit it, but his opinion of me got slightly better since I fared well against that villain.

A few minutes later, Midoriya enters the hall and greets me. He probably already met Bakugo outside.

M: Oh, Saiki! Good morning.

S: Good morning.

I look to Midoriya and I did notice that he's been building muscle. I was skeptical because Midoriya is more resolute than ever to get into U.A. even thought he was still quirkless, but then I read his mind and found out that Deku got All Might's quirk because his quirk is actually transferrable. But since it's supposed to be a very major secret that involves the number one hero, I just left it at that.

Midoriya sits between us and we wait for the exam orientation to start. The orientation was hosted by one of the pro heroes and teachers of U.A., Present Mic. And per usual, Midoriya is ecstatic from getting to see Present Mic in person. Present Mic explains that we're taking ten minute urban mock battles. and all of us are divided to seven different battle centers. We all check our exam tickets and Bakugo noticed something.

B: Looks like they're splitting us up because we're in the same school.

M: Y-you're right, our examinee numbers are next to each other, but we're assigned to different battle centers.

B: Don't look, I'll kill you.

I also took a look at Midoriya's exam ticket...and we're in the same battle center. I don't know why I'm an exception.

M: Oh, we're in the same center. Let's try our best, Saiki.

S: Yeah.

B: Ha, the school knows that you two need to work together to even get a chance off passing the exam. If I were in the same battle center with you and not Saiki, I would've loved to crush you.

Present Mic proceeds to explain the faux villains that we can collect points from by defeating them. And for some reason highlighted on a zero point villain that should be avoided.

Present Mic: The hero Napoleon Bonaparte once said: "A true hero is someone who overcomes life's misfortunes." Go Beyond. PLUS ULTRA! Now everyone, good luck suffering!

Everyone leaves the hall to get changed and go to their respective battle centers by bus. That means Midoriya and I will be at Battle Centre B. Some of us were quite surprised and amazed about U.A.'s facilities, being able to prepare multiple centres that looks just like a city. During this, Midoriya clearly looked nervous. Midoriya looked to me while I was blankly staring at the gate, waiting for the exam to start.

M: Saiki,

S: Hm?

M: How can you be so calm?

S: We're already here. All we can do is try our best.

Midoriya sighs in hopelessness from my casual answer.

M: I admire your laxness.

I notice Midoriya looking at a girl and wanted to approach her, so I assumed that they know each other, but someone put a hand on his shoulder from behind to stop him.

Iida Tenya: The girl is trying to focus, don't take the exam if all you're doing is bothering others.

M: I-I-I-I-I-would never-