The Annoying Unknown

POV: Saiki Kusuo

Good grief, nowadays being in U.A. High is disastrous. Ever since news came out that All Might became a teacher here, the school gate is cluttered with news reporters, cameramen and journalists. And they kept bothering the students that want to enter. Naturally, I just walk pass them like they don't exist while they yell at me with hurried questions about All Might. I'm not expected to, I'm supposed to be mute. I am surprised to see some of my classmates entertain them. Thank God the security system stops them from bothering us behind the gate. 

One of the reporters took a step on the gate and the steel gate instantly stopping entry. I see the gate closing in and through the gaps of shuffling human bodies, there's a single person standing alone on the other side of the street staring at the school. A slim man in a black long-sleeved shirt and pants with grayish-blue hair. And I make eye contact with his bright red eyes surrounded with wrinkles and scars.

...He looked very suspicious, but I didn't think much of it at the time.

That day, we were supposed to pick a class representative. When almost everyone else volunteered so they can be a leader and practice for being a prominent hero, I didn't even lift a finger. Goes directly against my goal of not standing out. 

Ii: SILENCE!

Iida yells at the back, silencing the chaotic class.

Ii: This is an important responsibility. It is a responsibility that requires the cooperation and trust of those around you. I propose that we hold an election to choose our class representatives. 

He says that while raising his hand the highest. 

Everyone voted and Midoriya became the class representative somehow. Even I didn't vote for him. Iida shakes in his seat for not being close in the running, only having a single vote. I surprisingly somehow also got one vote. I look to Ojiro and he smiles at me with his thumbs up. 

...I appreciate the gesture?

In Lunch Rush Cafeteria...

I was sitting with Midoriya, Uraraka and Iida. The conversation started with Midoriya not being confident in being the class representative, but Iida and Uraraka assured him by talking about his admirable qualities. As much as I agree that he has praisable bravery and quick thinking, from what I've observed, Midoriya has other things to worry about, primarily his inconsistent control over his quirk, so I stayed silent.

M: Now that I think about it,

Midoriya unexpectedly turns to me.

M: You were the only person who didn't raise his hand. You don't want to be the class representative, Saiki? 

I was caught off guard, but I take one more bite of the coffee jelly I was eating before responding.

S: I wasn't interested.

M: Really? It's a good chance to practice leadership as a pro hero in the future.

I glance at Iida briefly before giving an answer.

S: As Iida said, being a class representative is an important responsibility. I would be as worried as you are if I was in your shoes.

Iida was pleasantly surprised by how I supported his reasoning, seeing that he was the only one that suggested it earlier. The reasoning is subliminally supported by the fact that being a class representative for people as strong-headed as Bakugo and Todoroki sounds like a massive pain.

Ur: You say that, but you still somehow got one vote.

S: I'm just as surprised as you are.