Chapter 9

I loveeeeeee this chapter! 🙈💜

Enjoy! ✨

***

[FLASHBACK CONTINUES]

As Taehyung wrestled with his feelings, the memory of Jungkook confiding in him about his tumultuous past weighed heavily on his heart. He remembered the pain in Jungkook's eyes as he spoke of his parents' rejection, the anguish of being cast out of his own home simply for being true to himself. His parents, who should have been his greatest support, had turned their backs on him upon discovering that their son was gay. The hurt was palpable as Jungkook recounted how they refused to even acknowledge him as their child, leaving him to navigate a world that suddenly felt much colder and lonelier.

Taehyung knew that Jungkook carried the scars of his past with him, the wounds of rejection and abandonment still raw and tender. The rejection from his family had left deep emotional scars, but despite the pain, Jungkook had found the strength to rebuild his life. He had moved forward with a quiet but unyielding resilience, determined to live authentically and find his own path. His courage and determination were qualities that Taehyung admired deeply, fueling his own resolve.

As Taehyung reflected on Jungkook's resilience, his own resolve only strengthened. He was determined to be the one who stood by Jungkook's side, to offer him the love and support he deserved, no matter the cost. The weight of his own unspoken feelings for Jungkook grew heavier with each passing day, until Taehyung knew he could no longer keep them hidden.

One evening, as the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm, golden glow across the sky, Taehyung made his decision. He had to tell Jungkook how he felt, to let him know that he was loved deeply and unconditionally. The anticipation of his confession made his heart pound in his chest, and his hands trembled as he rehearsed the words he wanted to say.

With trembling fingers, Taehyung reached out to Jungkook, who was sitting quietly by the window, lost in thought. His voice was steady but filled with emotion. "Jungkook, there's something I need to tell you," he began, his eyes locked with Jungkook's, searching for any sign of hesitation or doubt.

Jungkook's gaze met his own, his expression a mixture of surprise and curiosity. "What is it, Tae?" he asked, his voice soft and gentle, yet tinged with a hint of apprehension.

Taehyung took a deep breath, the words he had been holding back for so long finally spilling forth. "I love you, Jungkook," he declared, his voice trembling with emotion. "I love you more than words can say, and I would do anything to make you happy. You mean everything to me, and I want to spend the rest of my life making you smile."

The weight of Taehyung's confession hung in the air between them, a heavy yet liberating presence. Jungkook's eyes filled with tears, his heart overflowing with emotion. The surprise in his gaze softened into something deeper, more profound. He had never expected to hear these words, and the reality of them was overwhelming.

"Tae... I-I love you too," Jungkook whispered, his voice barely above a breath as tears mingled with the raindrops cascading down his cheeks. The relief and joy in his eyes mirrored Taehyung's own feelings, and in that moment, they both understood that this was a turning point for them.

As the rain began to fall outside, its gentle patter on the roof providing a soothing backdrop, Taehyung and Jungkook found themselves drawn together in a tender embrace. Taehyung held Jungkook close, his arms wrapping around the younger's delicate frame, providing a shelter from the storm raging both outside and within.