Chapter 12

Y'all I'm back here!!
Finally.

Tell me that y'all missed me. :(

***

[

FLASHBACK CONTINUES]

After a few months of adjusting to their regular lives, Jungkook and Taehyung were enjoying their routine, unaware of any significant changes on the horizon.

One early morning, around 4 AM, Jungkook awoke with a strange, unsettling sensation in his stomach. Initially, he thought it was just a minor discomfort, possibly from something he ate the previous day. As the sensation grew stronger, it turned into an urgent wave of nausea.

Quietly, Jungkook slipped out of bed, trying not to disturb Taehyung, who was peacefully sleeping beside him. He hurried to the bathroom, the cold tile floor a stark contrast to the warmth of their bed. As soon as he reached the toilet, he began to vomit, the sound echoing in the stillness of the early morning.

Taehyung, startled by the sudden noise, woke up and sat up in bed, his heart racing. He quickly realized the sounds were coming from the bathroom and rushed to see what was wrong. As he reached the bathroom door, he found Jungkook kneeling by the toilet, pale and sweating.

"Kookie, are you okay?" Taehyung's voice was filled with concern as he knelt beside Jungkook, gently rubbing his back.

Jungkook, still catching his breath, managed to say, "I think I might have food poisoning or something. I feel so sick."

Taehyung frowned, worried. "What did we eat last night? Maybe it was something from dinner?"

Jungkook shook his head weakly, trying to recall their meals. "I don't know. Everything seemed fine. Maybe it was something I ate at lunch."

Taehyung stood up, grabbing a glass of water from their room and handing it to Jungkook. "Here, drink some water. It might help a bit."

Jungkook took small sips of the water, feeling the cool liquid soothe his throat. Taehyung sat beside him on the bathroom floor, his presence comforting.

"Do you want to go back to bed, or should we stay here for a while?" Taehyung asked softly, his hand still resting on Jungkook's back.

"I'll stay here for a bit longer," Jungkook replied, leaning against the cool bathroom wall, his eyes closed. "I don't want to risk making another trip back here."

Taehyung nodded, his worry evident. "Maybe we should go to the doctor later, just to be safe."

Jungkook sighed, nodding slightly. "Yeah, maybe you're right. I just hope it's nothing serious."

As they sat together in the bathroom, they had no inkling that this was the first sign of something much more significant than food poisoning. For now, they were focused on the immediate concern of Jungkook's sudden illness, not yet realizing that their lives were about to change in a profound way.

_

Later that morning, after Jungkook had managed to get some rest and the nausea had subsided a bit, Taehyung insisted they visit the doctor. They decided to see Jinyoung, Jungkook's stepbrother, who also happened to be his trusted physician. Taehyung called ahead, and Jinyoung, concerned and accommodating, agreed to see them as soon as they could arrive.