𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐲

OCTAVIA's POV:we had only been walking a few minutes before we approached a bush of purple flowers

OCTAVIA's POV:
we had only been walking a few minutes before we approached a bush of purple flowers. finn plucked one off by the stem, turned towards me, and gently placed it just above my ear. i made sure to smile sweetly, letting him know i appreciated the gesture.

"now that, my friend," jasper said to monty, "is game."

the smarter boy only rolled his eyes. "that, my friend, is poison sumac."

"WHAT!?" i exclaimed, quickly brushing the plant from my hair, trying not to touch it for more than a few seconds. "it is!?"

monty chuckled. "the flowers aren't poisonous. they're medicinal, calming actually."

"his family grows all the pharmaceuticals on the ark," jasper clarified, assuming that we cared.

"hey? guys? would you try and keep up?" clarke sounded impatient, as if we should already be at mount weather though any time had hardly past.

"come on, clarke." finn complained. "how do you block all this out?"

jasper nudged monty with his elbow. "i'm sure madeleine wouldn't have..."

clarke looked exasperated. "well, maybe she should have came instead of me then!"

jasper held his hands up. "hey, i was just saying...besides, didn't you make her stay with bellamy?"

finn raised an eyebrow. "with bellamy? what could madeline possibly see in a guy like him?" finn, realizing what he just implied, quickly muttered an apology my way. "no offense."

"none taken," i responded coldly. "and finn, if you really care about what madeline thinks of bellamy, you should have stayed behind too."

"that is so not game."

-

MADELINE's POV:
i turned towards bellamy, having to raise my face slightly in order to meet his eyes. "this is so stupid."

"what is?" he asked, his brow furrowing slightly.

"this whole situation. there's no reason i couldn't have left camp with them!"

"well, someone's got to help me run things."

i glanced at him thoughtfully. "what do you mean?"

"i mean," he replied, "that you could help me run things. if you wanted to."

i took another step towards him. "i don't get it. you seem to have a problem with everyone else here besides me. we've barely even spoken. what could i have possibly done to win you over?"

he looked down, trying hard not to meet my eyeline. "i remembered what you said, on the drop ship. about your mother. well, mine was floated too. people like us, we need to stick together."