𝐯𝐢. 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 (𝟏)

OK WAIT 27 READS?? this is the most i've ever gotten on any story in the past love u all 🫶

MADELINE's POV:
finn had let me go, deciding after ten minutes of deliberation that i was okay to help find jasper with clarke. i went right back to the dropship, wondering if i would be spending most of my days on the ground inside of another ship, figuring that she would be there gathering supplies for the woods.

i walked onto the first level, finding her almost immediately. she had been sorting through boxes and different compartments, coming up empty handed. "hey," i started. "the chancellor really wasn't kidding when he said they hadn't left us anything."

she sighed, inspecting my chin just as finn had done before. "really? you too?"

"i'm fine," i complained, crossing my arms over my chest.

"i see your making friends fast. keep it covered, it could get infected."

i nodded and began to help her, picking up a crate that had been thrown at my feet. nothing was inside. i tossed it away. "actually, bellamy offered me a chance to help him run things," she raised an eyebrow, "but i obviously turned it down."

"what's so obvious about that?" she asked. "doesn't everyone here all want the same thing? power? some say in how we operate?"

"what i want," i replied, running a jagged piece of metal i had found on the floor over my palm, "is for everything to be okay. i want to live normally. on the ground, with all of you. and the good people we left behind on the ark. like my friend raven. you'd really like her. she's a great mechanic."

clarke smiled sadly. "i'm sure i would. and is your father included in the "good people" too?"

i scoffed. that was the only answer she would be getting. luckily, monty interrupted us, climbing down from the top level of the ship's trapdoor. "oh, good! madeline is coming? we need her. so far no one else has volunteered."

"i'm sorry, monty, but your not coming," she said, truly sounding as if she was sorry. monty seemed like good company, and i wondered if him and jasper had been fun to hangout with back on the ark.

"like hell i'm not!" he said, moving to stand closer to her. "jasper is my best friend."

"your too important. you were raised on farm station and recruited by engineering," she reasoned, and for once i found myself actually agreeing with a person down here.

"so?"

"so, food and communication. what's up here," she pointed to his temple, "is going to save us all. you figure out how to talk to the ark, and i'll bring jasper back."