𝐱𝐯. 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬

MADELINE's POV: raven's brown eyes met mine sadly

MADELINE's POV:
raven's brown eyes met mine sadly. "my guess is that the chancellor won't be able to deal with the blood on his hands."

"he never can!" i yelled, suddenly upset. "he put the guards in charge of floating the criminals, always. he made the laws, enforced them, but could never deal with actually ending someone's life. he was a coward when i knew him, and still is i'm sure."

"regardless, we still have to tell them you're alive," raven responded. she knew better than to try and reason with me when i was like this. it was better to change the conversation and revisit the issue later on.

we all ran back towards the pod, raven checking inside for the radio. i hadn't noticed one before, and sure enough, there was nothing inside the small spacecraft but levers and buttons used for manning it through the atmosphere.

"the radio's gone," she announced. "it must have gotten loose during re-entry. i should have strapped it to the a-strut. stupid!" she yelled to herself.

"no, no. this is my fault," clarke replied, still looking slightly uncomfortable but definitely recovered. "someone got here before us. we have to find him."

finn nodded, and i turned to raven. "remember bellamy blake?"

"yeah?"

"hopefully this explains everything you need to know."

-

when we finally found bellamy strolling in the woods, i was the first to get to him.

"hey!" i shouted, walking quickly to match his long strides.

"hey, madeline. you and the princess taking a walk in the woods?" he indicated clarke behind me, approaching with finn and raven.

"don't act stupid, bellamy. not when you already know too much. they're getting ready to kill three hundred people up there today to save oxygen. and i can guarantee you it won't be council members. it will be working people. YOUR PEOPLE!"

he looked taken aback by this, but only slightly. if i was hoping for a bigger reaction, i wouldn't be getting one.

"bellamy!" finn called, pushing the other boy backwards. "where's the radio?"

bellamy returned the gesture, matching finn's strength. "i have no idea what you're talking about."

"so this is the famous bellamy blake. they've been looking everywhere for you," raven raised an eyebrow, looking amused despite the emergency situation.