Chapter 5

October 1st

Y/N

A week has passed and it was now the first day of October, the month of many parties and many things happening all at once.

Today was the Saturday I was supposed to go out to dinner with Kiba, even though I did not want to, but since I haven't heard from him all week, I assumed he found something else to entertain which gave me the time to back out of the dinner without much of a problem.

But another problem soon came up.

My roommate was now dragging me to this Halloween party tonight, surprising me with a costume she wanted to pick herself.

"Please you have to come! Everyone is going to be there." She pleaded and pleaded, giving me her best pouty face and I sighed under my breath, my fingers reaching up to pinch the bridge of my nose to collect my thoughts.

"Fine, I'll go for an hour. One." I started to say, watching her face light up.

"I also don't have a costume."

"Oh! Don't even worry about that, I'll pick one out for you."

The conversation from the other day replayed in my head, cursing to myself for agreeing to going to this. I didn't mind the parties, in fact I went to tons of them in high school but now I felt as if it was the best time to focus on my major and graduating instead of partying.

All the high school parties I went to was enough for me to get tired of them rather quickly once I reached college. But I will agree to go just so my roommate can feel wanted and not feel so alone. I knew she had other friends but I was her closest one, she deserved to get out and have some fun even if I had to be dragged out of the house.

Once it had hit 9pm, I had opened the black grocery bag she had given me that had the costume inside. I haven't bothered to look at it because I was terrified of what I was going to see. Either something extremely slutty and revealing or something completely stupid. It was a 50/50 shot.

Once my eyes had adjusted to what the costume was, I grunted under my breath.

"Great, it's fucking tacky." I mumbled to myself, holding up the red mini dress, seeing the red fishnets, a headband with horns and a tail. A Devil Costume.

I can only assume she had the angel one. I made a face at the small costume, rolling my eyes at the thought of going to the party in this thing. I have worn worse in the past, sure, but I was never one to choose something as basic as a devil costume.

I had walked inside of my bathroom, putting on the outfit and looking at myself in the mirror. The tight red mini dress perfectly hugging my curves just right, my cleavage a little too revealing, the fishnets fitting nicely with the outfit too.

I had put on makeup, red lipstick, eyeliner, eyelashes and had done my hair enough to look nice with the headband on my head.

Then once I had taken a full look at myself, I wanted to rip it off and go to bed. I was feeling it but not really.

"Hurry up, Y/N! It's 10:30!" I heard my roommate shout from the living room, making me grunt again as I slip on the black boots that I had shoved in the back of my closet.