17

Elysian Monroe

The sound of my phone ringing sprung me out of my sleep. I patted my hand around the bed until i found it. I grabbed it and looked at the caller id. I lowly sighed when i saw it was Eil.

I ignored it and laid my head back down. I have no idea why she's calling me when, we're in the same damn house. I lowly hummed as i realized why she must've called.

I grabbed my phone and unlocked it. Once unlocked, I clicked on her contact and typed a text

Take the bus to school, I'll pick you up.

Seriously?! It's raining right now Ly!

Are you or are you not technically suspended?

Yes but, what does that have to do with me taking the bus??

Punishment. Now go, you're already late and I'm sure you're gonna get a few more days added for the extra lateness of the bus.

I put my phone back down and turned over. I closed my eyes and listened out for the front door opening. Instead, i heard footsteps. Seconds later, i hear my door opening. I sighed and lifted up

"Just because you come into my room does not mean my decision is going to change. Now like i said, go. I'll be there to pick you up." I stated

She stood in my doorway huffing with a narrowed expression. I didn't care. She should've thought about the consequences of her actions regardless of the situation.

I also told her to watch her time management awhile ago, seems she still hasn't learned how to fully listen. I'm sure she'll start to now. With one last glare, i laid back down and turned over.

There was nothing left for me to say. She understood me and if she doesn't leave my doorway, I'll have her taking the bus for the remainder of her suspension.

I gave her fifteen seconds to leave on her own before i made my mind on the thought. With five of those seconds left, she finally slammed my door shut.

I rolled my eyes and listened to her heavy footsteps down the stairs. A few moments passed and soon, i heard the front door slam shut.

I lowly sighed. She's taken the bus a handful of times before, so I'm not worried about her not being able to find her way. I'm just, annoyed at the fact she's always late to school.

She was doing so well with setting an alarm, I don't know what happened. I should probably figure out what that girl took from her that caused her to break in her locked and vandalize it.

I lowly sighed and buried my head back into my pillow. It was too early in the morning for any of this thinking I was doing, I just want to go back 20 minutes ago or at least finish the dream I was having.

I groaned into the pillow and turned over slightly to grab my phone. I looked at the time and then looked down at my notifications.

I hummed as I noticed I had a missed called from Kari. Before I called her back, I saw there was also a voicemail with it

"Good morning my sweet, I hope the night treated you a lot better than the day did. Speaking of, if you need any help with looking through those boxes I'll be free in a few days for it. One last thing before I end this voicemail, I'm kidnapping you after work today. So, whenever you get this, let me know when you get off."

I couldn't help but laugh at her words. Who uses the word kidnapping like that? I lowly hummed, kidnapping usually means staying for more than one night.