Chapter 18 - What's Done Is Done & What's Said Is Said

REVISED

• • •

You and Kirishima walked into the common area where Jirou was practicing with the others, working on their musical performance all together. She had a microphone set up, along with multiple instruments set out. She looked slightly frustrated, though. It was obvious that she was trying to compose together a good performance but it was probably difficult trying to get everyone to cooperate and go along with everything. Especially Bakugo.

Kirishima stood in the entrance way of the common area, he had an enthusiastic and optimistic smile plastered across his face, leaning on the wall with his hands in his pockets. You stood slightly behind him, trying to see everything that was going on.

When you walked slightly forward to see everything entirely, your eyes drifted to see a face you hadn't seen in a while. A face that your eyes instantly detected and shot right towards. You furrowed your eyebrows, standing close to Kirishima.

"How's it goin' in here?" Kirishima spoke up, catching their attention. Jirou huffed and waved slightly when she took notice of you twos presence. "Hey guys," she greeted. You smiled slightly in return, unsure of what to say or do. "It's damn complicated in here!" Denki sheepishly commented, responding for the group as a whole.

Bakugo scoffed, holding two drumsticks in one hand, sitting down. "Maybe if you extras would actually come up with non-shitty ideas, then we'd be done with this bullshit!" he retorted, as usual.

Yaoyorozu sighed, very obviously tired of his antics. "You're the one not cooperating!" she replied almost immediately. Jirou rolled her eyes slightly, turning back towards the two of you. "We last minute decided that Jude was gonna take over my guitar so I can focus on the vocals of the performance." she informed.

You couldn't even bring yourself to look at Jude. The conversation with Vienna had been pushed to the back of your mind, but it all came rushing back the moment you caught sight of his face. He looked... well. You couldn't quite put it into words, but he seemed 'changed' in some intangible way. There was a heaviness in his expression, a subtle shift that hinted at something deeper beneath the surface, making you wonder what he was really feeling.

"Sick! Man, sorry to hear Bakugo's being a pain in the ass, by the way." Kirishima commented, his eyes shifting towards Bakugo who was currently scowling at his comment. Tokoyami remained silent, simply observing the conversation as usual. You smiled at him, glad to see he was participating in the musical part of the festival. Which again, was not something you would've expected from him.

Jude avoided eye contact with you at all costs, clearly sensing the tension that lingered between you two. Every few seconds, you found yourself glancing over at him, noticing how he fiddled with the guitar resting in his arms, a clear distraction from the unspoken words hanging in the air. He kept his gaze down, focusing intently on the instrument as if it held all the answers, probably trying to navigate the awkwardness that had settled between you.

Denki turned towards Jude, "Nevermind that—Jude's got some serious talent with this thing, actually, it's crazy because as long as we've been friends I had no clue he knew how to play this damn thing!" Denki said. Jirou let out a brief laugh, nodding in agreement. "Yeah, right? It was out of nowhere," she added.

"Yooo—! No way! Play something, dude!" Kirishima enthusiastically asked. Jude finally looked up from his guitar, his gaze now on you and Kirishima. "Maybe when we finally get some ideas then I'll play something," Jude said. You smiled slightly, he still had the same smile he had when you first met him. It was like that significant smile never went away because it was just so distinct, it always stood out.