⭑3⭑

KHURATH

Not even in my free days I'm free. It's been a week since my holidays. And I thought of enjoying these at home. And doing the opposite of it.

And I'm here getting ready for a function of some relatives whom I don't even know well.
But Mama forced us in going with them as they have insisted us coming with family.

At least Bhai escaped. He always does. Mom's and their greatest obsession with their Male child and that to Only Male Child.

So here I'm getting ready with Mahira who's making faces for every single thing. And getting scolded from Mama for it. Haha

I wore a simple dress which covered all my body, and I was just about to wear hijab when Papa came inside telling us to do it faster.
While he is still in his night suit. Typical Indian father I say.

It was an afternoon function, so we were all set to go by 11 as the function is in Bangalore which was around one and a half hour away.

It's not like I hate going to functions but at least you should know them well to enjoy their happiness, right? But the major reason is to clean up all the mess after the function.
3 grown up ladies getting ready is not an easy task IYKYK.

The function was nice we had food, photos and ready to come back home by 5 or 6.
But guess what papa's friend invited us over to their house and papa won't miss that.

It's Ali uncle because it's been a month since they reunited and Yaa Allah their talks won't end and their stories.

But I was unsure to go if it's a good idea or but who would tell these parents anyway.

We arrived at a cozy beautiful house. Which I very much liked.

"Assalamualaikum Aleem how have you been"

"Waalaiiumsalam Ali, all good how are you?"

"I'm good and Laiba come welcome Bhabhi and kids inside"

The elders exchanged greetings and we were in living room when a girl came with water.

"Aleem here is my daughter Sufi."

"Assalamualaikum hope all are doing good" she said. To which we all replied, and mama started talking to aunty and her.

I was in a rush because it's near sunset and I have missed my Zuhoor prayer and I dont want to any other. So, I told mama to ask them for a place to offer my prayer to which Sufi replied " Please come with me, here it's my room and this is the Qibla, and I'll get you prayer mat till that you can do your Wuzu"

"Jazakallau Khaira Sufi" I thanked her and didn't call her Didi because we were just a year apart and she didn't mind me calling that.

I didn't have any jewelry on and was also wearing a simple dress it, so it wasn't much to remove.

When I came out of the washroom there was a prayer mat on the table and I offered my prayers. It's usually Zuhoor prayer which miss mostly because of the work but still I make up to it.

I put my hijab properly again and came out.
It was after Maghrib when I came out and they all were having refreshments and all. I joined Mahira who was talking to Sufi.

We talked about School work and life dramas.
She was a bit silent, but we did have a good conversation. I also replied to dad's and uncle's questions about my research and hostel life.