3.so high school

chapter 3.
so high school
"cheeks pink in the twinkling lights"
or
"you know how to ball, i know aristotle"

"you're not gonna marry a member of the partridge family." avery heard a familiar voice as she exited her house.

"who's not gonna marry a member of the partridge family?" she asked, making her presence known to her two best friends.

finney turned to the girl and smiled, heat rising to his cheeks at the sight of her. gwenny also smiled at avery and the red head began walking beside the siblings.

"finney thinks i won't marry danny bonaduce. but he's so crucial. i love hid voice." gwenny said making avery giggle.

the two girls kept walking, not noticing that finney had stopped until he spoke up, "it's new"

avery and gewnny stopped and looked where he was looking, gwenny saying, "what?"

finney pointed to the missing kids poster stuck to a notice board, "the flyer. mr. yamada is putting them up again. you don't think they're gonna find them, do you?"

avery let out a shaky breath and gwenny looked cautiously at finney as she answered, "not how they want to. come on. let's go. we're gonna be late."

the three continued walking but along the way kids were chanting "fight, fight, fight, fight!" and the three best friends ran towards the scene.

there in the middle of the street stood two boys. one being finney and avery's friend, robin and the other being moose.

robin threatened moose to take a swing and when he listened, robin dodged his fist and began throwing punches and kicks himself.

the group of kids watching cheered him on as avery and finney merely watched in horror and sure enough, robin had moose on the floor real quick.

as the fight got more heated, finney grew more protective of his sister and avery. he grabbed avery's hand and then grabbed gwenny's shoulder, "come on. let's go. let's go."

"holy shit." gwenny exclaimed as she was being dragged away by finney, who still clutched onto avery's hand, even though she obliged.

a blush rose to the red head's cheeks as she looked down between her and finney's entwined fingers.

gwenny started talking, unaware of the two holding hands beside her, "what the hell. that was moose." she stated.

"i don't care." finney said to his sister, shaking his head and leading avery back onto the sidewalk.

"moose is a giant asshole." gwenny continued.

"i know." finney said, bluntly.

"but last year, when he made your nose bleed..." gwenny brought up the time moose best up finney, but before she could finish the story, her brother cut her off.

"gwen." he sighed, not wanting to talk about it, but clearly, gwen did.

"he had it coming." she told him.

"no one has that coming." finney told her, feeling sympathetic for the boy.

"finney, he beat you up." avery spoke up, concern covering her facial expressions. she always wanted to make moose pay for what he did to finney but she wasn't as strong as robin and moose could've easily beat her.