Show N' Tell

TW: Wounds/Inflicted injuries mentioned
(cover from afoxinasnare on pinterest)

-

-

-

-

-

The alarm clock started blaring for the third time until Dark's hand slowly reached out to shut it off once again. She felt exhausted since she only got 4 hours of sleep in. She was up all night working on her medicine that she wanted to present for the Show N' Tell. She had been working on creating this clear gel-like substance that can quickly heal small cuts, wounds, and burns along with having pain relief.

Mustering up the will to get herself out of bed, she sits herself up and glances over at the alarm clock, her eyes halfway open. It was 6:56am. She had to be at school by 7:45am, and it was about a 10 minute walk to get there.

"Shit.." she groaned, rubbing both of her eyes before getting herself off the bed.

Dark made her way to the bathroom as a usual part of her morning routine, flicking on the lights as her reflection in the mirror stood in front of her.

But something else had changed.

Her scream echoed through the bathroom as she stared down at her left arm. It was completely black, even her hand. Her markings had changed too as they now pulsed with a rich tone of purple.

Dark's heart raced as she watched herself in the mirror. Her hand trembled as she reached out to touch her arm. It felt oddly warm. "Why? Why now?" is all she could say in her mind. She suddenly felt her neck get warm too, making her look back up at the mirror.

It wasn't over yet.

The markings began to spread like wildfire, crawling up her neck and to the sides of her face. Her eyes widened in horror as she watched herself change in the moment. The trembling in her hands grew worse as they reached up to touch her face, feeling the warmth of the markings form in swirling patterns. All she could do was watch it all happen in the mirror.

The markings were symmetrical to each other, as the markings on both sides of her face connected to the center of her forehead. An emblem was being formed on her forehead. It had a triangle-like shape with swirls ending off at the bottom of the triangle, with swirls complimenting the center of it.

However, it didn't stop there. Her left eye was suddenly aching with a pain like no-other. It was indescribable even. Dark quickly grasped onto her left eye, screaming in agony. She tumbled down onto the bathroom floor, trying to find something to grasp onto.

"WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?!" she cried out.

It was all too much for her to handle. She felt herself getting weaker..and weaker..until she blacked out.

-

-

-

It was 8:10am. Subspace and Medkit were already sitting at their desks in class. Class had started 10 minutes ago, and two students had already gone up to present. Subspace was kicking his feet underneath the desk as he scanned the classroom, his nosy self trying to see what the other students had for Show N' Tell today. Medkit on the other hand, was making sure he had all the right materials for his presentation, neatly organizing the items in his, well, medkit. Subspace eventually got bored and glanced over to Medkit, watching him organize his things.

"Meddy!! Where'd you get those?" Subspace asked him with a foolish grin smeared across his face.

"Why do you care? Not like you know how to use these properly anyway." Medkit replied, already seemingly annoyed by Subspace's presence.