The Ease to Your Pain

(cover from crescents_ on pinterest)

-

-

-

-

-

- ✧ -

The crisp air filled Dark's lungs as she was dashing away, the soft shining light from the night sky illuminating her escape from the hell she had just left behind. She could barely make out anything the tears in her eyes blurring her vision, but that didn't stop her. She was desperate, needing to return back home to Blackrock, to her apartment, the only place she knew that wouldn't have spiteful eyes darting down at her at every angle. With no one around to judge her for who she is, and no one trying to kill her for it either. The blood that would drip down her face would gradually dry as she mindlessly ran as if her life depended on it, without a care in the world with the gruesome injuries that were painted all over her face. As the gust of wind deafened her ears, she could faintly hear the echoes of Medkit and Subspace's voices behind her. Deep down, she wanted to continue running and catch the bus back to Blackrock, but she also didn't want to leave the two behind. After all, the trio would be going back there anyway. The rush of defeat rushes over her as she stops herself in her tracks as she bent over, resting her hands on her knees, heaving for any bit of air to fill her lungs. As the two colorful demons approach behind her, she looks over her shoulder, narrowing her eyes at the two. 

"Where were you running off to?" questioned the teal-horned demon in the midst of gasping for air. "I just needed to get out of there."  Dark responded, despite it being partly true, she didn't want to admit that she was willing to go back to Blackrock without them. "At least warn us next time!" Subspace chirped, a displeased tone resonated in his voice. "Look, can we just head to the bus stop to Blackrock? I'd rather not be here right now." she groaned, not wanting to deal with the whiny four-horned demon. "We can, but once we arrive, I should tend to your wounds. Your cheek is starting to bruise up and swell." Medkit's teal eyes laid upon her, glistening beneath the moonlight. Dark couldn't help but look back intently, admiring the soft glow in his eyes. "Snap out of it! Now isn't the time." she told herself in her head, feeling her face flush up with warmth. Was she blushing? Oh dear Illumina, now was definitely not the time. A foolish smirk formed on Subspace's face as his eyes glances between Medkit and Dark, noticing one of them blushing at the other. "No way, are you blushing, Dark?" he cackled at the fact, making her eyes widen, glaring towards Subspace for exposing her. "Shut up, I'm just overwhelmed is all." she attempted to brush it off, a poor job well done. Medkit smiled, chuckling in response as if he was flattered from Dark's reaction. "It's alright. Let's just head back." 

- ✧ -

The trio now arrive at Dark's apartment. The warm, comforting breeze easing the cold tension in their body as they step inside. The place was nice and tidy, complimented with the dim lights that gave a nice warm aura to the place. Dark wasn't much of a messy person, so she tries to clean up when she can. "Wow! Your place is just as nice as Meddy's!" Subspace looked around in awe. "It's nothing like your place." Medkit poked at Subspace, a smirk forming on his face. Subspace deadpans Medkit, crossing his arms as he furrows his brows at him. "Shut up!! It's not that bad!"

As the two continued to poke at each other, Dark made her way to the couch and threw herself down, her arms flopping down in front of her looking visibly exhausted. Medkit peered over, grasping onto his little green medkit. He walked over to the couch, sitting right beside Dark. He rested his green kit onto his lap, flipping up the clasps to open the kit up. "Are you alright with me treating your wounds now?" he asked, glancing over to her. Dark nodded back in response, pushing her back off against the couch, shifting her body over to face Medkit. Subspace just walked over and sat himself down on one of the chairs adjacent to the couch, watching Medkit do his work on Dark's gnarly gash on her cheek. He gently cleaned her wound with rubbing alcohol and a cotton pad, along with wiping the dried blood that colored her whole side of her face. The stinging from the rubbing alcohol against the wound made Dark wince in return, making her squeeze her eyes shut. "Sorry, I probably should've warned you beforehand."