Ms. Understood

"Love...To cherish your beloved familiar with your body, yet to hate, is to judge those under your eyes..."
- -
TW: Blood/Violence/Wounds mentioned
(this one's a long one so there will be a second part to this chapter!!)
-

-

-

-

-

"You're back!" Subspace cheered, seeing Dark walking into the classroom. Dark felt her heart beating out of her chest. She didn't feel comfortable coming back, but she also didn't want to give up on her journey in school so soon. This was only the beginning for her.

"Yeah, the devil returns." Dark chuckles a bit with a smirk on her face.

"Glad to have you back." Medkit looks over at Dark with a smile.

"You were gone for like a week! You missed a lot." Subspace continues looking over at Dark. She looks over at Subspace, her fingers pressed against the side of her cheek, her elbow resting on the desk. "I'm sure I did, Subspace. Maybe you could help me catch up if you'd be so kind."

"I wouldn't bother asking him for help. Not like he actually takes notes or anything." Medkit scoffed before eyeing down Subspace. Subspace took this as a personal attack, side eyeing Medkit before rolling his eyes. "People have different learning styles Meddy! I don't need to take notes." Subspace crossed his arms as he whined, now looking away from Medkit.

"Is doodling a part of your learning styles?" Dark poked at Subspace. He looked over as if her words hit a nerve. "Shut up! Why am I getting attacked right now?" he growled.

Medkit and Dark both start laughing at Subspace's reactions. Subspace just looked away from the two, having a visible annoyed expression on his face. "I'm just messing with you. Don't take it personal." Dark flicks her hand dismissively. "Right.." Subspace scoffed, glancing off to the side as he rests his head on his hand, his elbow planted on the desk.

The day goes on as the trio had their first 2 classes together. Dark wouldn't see the two again until her last class of the day, which was Physics, her least favorite class. As she made her way to her last class, her eye darted around the halls, noticing the many glares that students were giving her as she walked past. She could feel their stares piercing through her skin as if she had a target on her back. Taking a deep breath, she picks up the pace and enters the classroom. Her eye immediately searched for Subspace and Medkit, feeling a wave of relief wash over the tension in her body.

"Hey guys." she walks over greeting the two, her shoulders relaxing as soon as she sat down next to Medkit. "Hey! How's your day back been so far?" Subspace chimes in, his whole body turned to her. He was invested to hear about her day, which made Medkit raise a brow as he noticed this from the corner of his eye.

"Someone's eager to know." Medkit teased as he flipped through some pages in his notebook. "What? I can't ask how her day went?" Subspace growled, eyeing at Medkit with annoyance in his eyes. "I'm just messing with you." Medkit teased, flipping over his notebook once he reached a fresh blank page. "Everyone is teasing me today!" Subspace complained, crossing his arms like a toddler. He seemed to do that a lot.

"You're fine, Subspace. My day has honestly been a bit rough. People are still giving me glares throughout the halls. Even on my way here, I was getting stared down." Dark sighed as she massaged her temples with two of her fingers. The distress was visible in her eye, she felt defeated.