Chapter Twelve: lEt iT gOoOooOoOo~

SORRY FOR THE LAST CHAPTAHHH 😭

IT WAS CONFUSING I KNOW

and it was also slightly evil BUT REGARDLESS

THE BOOK MUST GO ON

ALSO I LOVE THE FANART ON THIS

LIKE

SO NICO AMIRIGHT

when he's drunk 💀 lmao

Percy's eyes snapped open, his shirt drenched in sweat despite his Poseidon genes.

"You're awake!" A voice said, sounding nervous.

"Where am I?" He rubbed his eyes, trying to get them to focus.

"Is something wrong, Seaweed Brain?"

His drowsiness immediately went away as his vision clears. "...Annabeth?" He gaped at the blonde girl and realized that he was in his cabin at Camp Half-Blood.

"Of course, Seaweed Brain." She grinned. "Good morning." Percy threw off the covers and leaped out of bed.

"I—what am I doing here?" He backed away from her. "I'm not supposed to be here."

"Of course you're supposed to be here." She glanced at him concernedly. "You belong here with us." He shook his head vigorously, horror rising in his stomach.

"Annabeth." He whispered, staring into her eyes. "No. I'm not supposed to be here. You're dead. I killed you." She laughed.

"Stupid Seaweed Brain." She smiled, but it seemed monstrous to Percy. "Did you have another nightmare? Do you need a kiss?" She leaned in closer, her eyes gleaming.

"No. You're not Annabeth. Get away from me."  He glared at her, backing away until his back touched the wall.

"But we belong together!" Annabeth insisted. "Us together, forever. You promised, Seaweed Brain." Percy's insides churned as he felt a wrong sort of presence with him.

"Fuck off." He spat. "That's sick. Whoever you are, you're sick. I must be in a dream or something, because this world doesn't exist to me anymore." Annabeth's face contorted, her eyes turning pure black.

"Come on, Percy." She said, a sickly sweetness in her voice that reminded Percy of charmspeak, but an eviler kind. "Stay with me."

"I'd rather stay by myself, thank you very much." He gritted his teeth. "

"Curses, Perseus!" She shrieked, pointing at him while she shifted form. "I curse you with the power of darkness. I will make sure you die a slow, painful death!" A large beam of pure darkness hit his heart, making him topple.

Whoever this is, they have serious anger issues, was all Percy could think through the pain.

"Nothing can save you now." She cackled, watching Percy choke. "The darkness is consuming your heart." Percy scowled at her, despite the stabbing pain in his chest.

"oH! A fRoZeN hEaRt!" He put a hand to his forehead and pretended to swoon. "OnLy aN aCt oF tRuE lOvE cAn sAvE mE! I nEeD mY mR. gInGeR sIdEbUrNs—OW!"

"Shut up!" The figure hissed, holding a blade to his throat. "I am not playing games with you." Percy grinned mischievously.

"Let it go~" He sang. "Let it go~don't kill me or you're a stupid hoe—"

"SILENCE!" The figure screamed.

"Why you scared of killing me, lady?" Percy asked innocently. "You need me for something, don't you?" The figure glared at him icily.