𝙲𝚞𝚣 𝙿𝚝. 1 - 𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚂𝚞𝚗

...

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

Sunoo woke up to the sound of someone banging on his door. "KIM SUNOO, WAKE UP!" his mother yelled. He groaned, checking his phone. "Jesus fucking Christ..." he muttered as he saw 5:26 AM glaring back at him.

Stumbling to the door, he leaned his arm on the door frame. "Mom, what is so important you'd wake me up at 5 in the morning?"

"Relatives are coming over, so you, your brother, and your dad better help me fix the house. It's a goddamn mess. Yang Jungwon, wake up, honey!" His mom knocked gently on the door beside his. Sunoo couldn't help but notice the difference. Why did Jungwon get a "honey" and gentle knocking?

"Tss, orphan things," Sunoo whispered under his breath. Even though he was adopted, his family treated him better than he could ever wish for.

Stretching, he went to find his dad, who was in the garage, pulling things out to make space. "You're awake, Sunoo. Can you help me get these things inside?" his dad said, wiping the sweat from his brow.

"Sure, Dad." They both started moving unnecessary stuff from inside the house to the garage.

"Is this really necessary for just five people?" Sunoo asked, already feeling the morning's weight.

"Five people? Son, there are six full families coming here," his dad replied. Sunoo's eyes widened in shock.

"S-Six?!" he exclaimed.

"Yeah!" His dad chuckled.

Sunoo scoffed, shaking his head. "Didn't think our clan would be that huge..."

As they finished, Sunoo's mom appeared in the doorway. "I didn't even realize our house was this big without all that junk. Let's throw some away after the reunion. Come on, let's eat now."

They gathered at the dining table, the morning still feeling too early for Sunoo, but he couldn't hold back his curiosity. "Mom, is it true there are six families coming?"

"Yes," his mom confirmed. "They're really nice, and you and Jungwon might find a cousin to have fun with."

"I'm not having fun with five-year-olds, Mom," Jungwon grumbled, barely looking up from his plate.

"Oh, I've heard their children are grown already," she replied, a hint of excitement in her voice.

They kept eating, the usual morning chaos swirling around them. Sunoo actually felt a bit excited for this family reunion. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

After eating, Sunoo went to his room and cranked up "Got My Number" by Kim Petras, swaying his hips and bopping his head. He opened his closet and started going through his best clothes. He wanted to make them envy him- m-make them appreciate his looks. After some time, he found three sets of clothes he liked.