somebody to trust?

(Warning, there is swearing in this part, and will probably be more in the upcoming parts. Please do not read this if it disturbs you.)

Enjoy!

Rui's POV

I've been sleeping for a while now, and it felt forever. I felt a bit comfortable after yesterday. It was fun, that I got to be with some of my friends now.

I can't stop thinking about tsukasa-kun though.

My thoughts were cut off with my alarm starting to play. I jump slightly, not expecting for it to go off so suddenly. Well, there's no backing away now. I was in my own world, thinking about tsukasa, and now the alarm plays, bashing into my thoughts. Well. I just have to go to school now, which sucks.

I get up from bed, eat my breakfast. One sandwich. No vegetables. Of course not.
Brush my teeth, brush my hair and take a quick shower, put on my school uniform. Looking tired as always.

Now, I'm just walking towards school, like I've been doing for the past... well, many years. Again, it was warm outside. It was soon summer, anyways.

(I know that tsukasa's birthday was like a few days ago, but don't mind that now)

No one's POV

Soon, rui had gotten to school. The class would start, and then the teacher would announce something;

"Students, today, you will be making a project. I'll be pairing you up today, and you shall do the project with them. No complaining."

"It's simple; you have to make a big drawing, introducing everything about yourself, for example age, height, and whatever you can think of. Make sure your handwriting is good enough, that I can actually read it."

"If you're too lazy to make that, then bake something. You gotta make something big, it'll affect your grades very well. This is pretty much handicrafts and art. So, do what you want to. Now, here are the pairs..."

Rui listens in very closely, hoping that he would get someone good to be with. He was hoping for Mizuki or Nene, since there wasn't really anyone else to be with. Emu was in a different school, so... I just gotta hope for the best now.

"And... Akito and Rui."

Great. Rui doesn't really know anything about this guy. Now, he just has to hope that he would be SOMEHOW kind. He doesn't want to get in any kind of trouble with him...

Akito starts looking at rui, giving him a gentle smile. Rui would stare back, and give an awkward smile back. He wasn't used to this. He didn't like being paired up with people he wasn't familiar or that comfortable with. Maybe something would go well with this akito guy.

Later.

Rui had went to Akito's place for today. His sister was home, but we didn't really care about that for now.

"Well, now that we're here... I guess we gotta do something for that project. Are you good at drawing?" Akito asks, staring at rui, tilting his head slightly. Rui felt a bit more comfortable with this guy. He just had to get more used to it, so everything would be alright.

"Well.. I'm not the best, but I'm good enough at writing. I've seen some of your art before at school, I'll just say... it's... it's pretty good. Better than what I could do." Rui tells akito, smiling ever so slightly. He felt so dumb to just say that out of nowhere. That sounded cheesy as crap.

"Really? Damn, that's nice. Thanks. How about I draw something, and then you could write some stuff about yourself? I could tell you about myself, and then you write it down. I can draw the both of us. I just gotta take some pens from upstairs."

The way akito had said that felt somewhat soothing to rui. He felt a bit more comfortable now, knowing that akito felt good enough to let rui write it all down. Rui felt like he would be aggressive, since he usually is... especially towards mizuki at school. Or maybe rui just isn't used to such different personalities. Akito felt like a completely different person at this point.

"Alright... that sounds nice. We can try." Rui responds, smiling gently at akito. He nods at rui, smiling and going upstairs, to get the pens.

Rui's POV

Well, now that we know what to do, I'll write on this big paper now. Maybe I should leave some space for akito to draw. I'm sure the class will like it if we do that. The teacher did mention that the project has to be done next week Friday, so...

I start writing about myself.

"My name is Rui Kamishiro. I'm 182cm tall, and I'm 18 years old. My birthday is in June. I have purple hair with two blue parts, and I have yellow eyes. I don't like vegetables. I like my friends, making robots, and other stuff. I'm good at math, science, English, etc."

Now, what else could I write here? Maybe that's enough for now?

Before I realized it, akito had come back down with a beautiful big pack of pens. Even if I'm not the biggest fan of drawing unless it comes to planning out what the robots and other things will look like, that pack genuienly looked so cool.

"That genuienly looks satisfying..." I compliment, admiring the big pack of pens. There were so many different colors, it felt like there was every single color to ever exist.

"Heh, I can't deny. It really is amazing. I love keeping the pens organized. Well, lemme see this text you wrote..."

...

"Interesting... your handwriting is very nice, rui. It'll fit perfectly for the project. I'm sure the class will like to read it, then." Akito says with a gentle smile.

I felt nice when akito just complimented my writing. It was pretty odd, but I still appreciated. I haven't heard anyone judging anyone's handwriting, so it made me a bit confused. Yet, I keep a nervous smile on my face.

"T- thank you, akito... though, I'll be looking forward to seeing your art on the paper." I say, my cheeks turning a little pink.

We work on the project. In my opinion, it's becoming pretty good. Akito has told me what to write about himself...

"My name is Akito Shinonome. I'm ginger, and have a small part of blonde hair. I have yellow-ish green eyes, and I'm 174cm tall. I have an older sister, and her name is Ena. She has short brown hair and brown eyes. She's an artist. We usually argue. I win though. I like pancakes, but my favorite food is cheesecake. I sing in a band, I also dance alot."

The information was rather interesting... and now, I realized; maybe akito learnt how to draw from his sister. I won't mention that now, though. I don't wanna make akito embarrassed or anything.

The project was pretty much done now, that's what akito says. I went to check the art he made on it.

I gasp.
"Akito... you drew that?" I ask, in amaze.
"Yeah, I..  I did. Do you like it?" Akito asks, looking at me with his head a little tilted.

"Yeah! That looks just like me.. and that looks just like you, too... the way you drew the cheesecake is amazing... I'm very impressed by your art, akito. Thank you." I say, smiling widely.

I noticed, how akito's cheeks got a little pink.

"Oi, it's not that much. Asshole..."

Later. I was at home now.

Whatever that feeling earlier with akito was, it felt nice. I felt comfortable with him. I wonder if I can trust him in the future, though. He seems like a nice guy...

Shit. I can't think that so quickly.

Thanks for reading . . . <3
TBC

(I was listening to nemo's song in 2024's eurovision the whole time as I wrote this. It's so good <3)