XXV. ghost of christmas past

+*:ꔫ:* ˗ˏˋflashback 'ˎ˗*:ꔫ:*+゚

From now on our troubles will be miles away

will be miles away

December 24th 2016, 10:25pm

"Kate you look fine!" freshman Indigo Aro, told her best friend as they both looked into the mirror Indigo had set up in her room.

"I feel stupid" the blonde said turning on her heels to look at the girl behind her. Indigo was wearing a a white sweater half tucked into a dark red pleated skirt, and black sheer tights underneath. "You're dressed nice and I'm in jeans, a sweatshirt with a flannel over it"

"You look cute" Indigo smiled softly placing her hands on the blonde's arms. A flash of pink came across the girl's freckled face as she heard the compliment. Kate then immediately turned back around doing a fake cough to try and cover it up. "Now come on!" Indigo complained grabbing Kate's hand and dragging her out of her bedroom and into the hallway, where Seazynn was running.

"Nope! Seazynn is in a dress! I'm going home!" Kate protested, but was just pulled into Indigo's side.

"Remember what my mom said. I won't be able to see you tomorrow unless you come to mass with us!" Indigo reminded giving the friend a stern look, which made Kate roll her eyes and nod her head.

"Ok, but I swear if your dad makes fun of me I'm walking home" the sophomore laughed as they both made their way into the family's living room. And just as the two walked into the living room it was almost on cue that Indigo's dad came out and gave Kate a look, the one that said he was gonna make fun of her.

"Kate you planning on cutting down some trees?" he asked poking fun at her flannel.

"Yeah that's it!" Kate laughed getting off the couch, jokingly making her way to the door.

"You know I'm kidding" the older man laughed bringing the blonde into a hug. "Angélica!" he yelled out, "Sorry your mom is taking forever" he laughed walking back to his room and in no time brought back Angélica complaining about not having enough time to get ready. "Ok everyone in the car!" he said pointing to the door.

Everyone walked out and was met with the Illinois' freezing temperatures. Indigo immediately clung to her best friend arm as she tried snuggling herself against her, attempting to create any warmth. "Seazynn you're sitting in the middle!" Indigo yelled as she watched her sister try to get an end seat in the car. The younger girls groan could be heard very dramatically as she scooted herself to the middle.

Indigo broke away from Kate's side and found herself on the opposite side of the car as she got in. "I'm cold" the youngest complained as her father tried turning on the heat as fast as possible.