Chapter one A little vow

Once,

A little girl made a vow,

She said,

I'll protect all of those around me

They mustn't feel pain.

The poor little girl forget herself

Yet there is always

Always

Someone who will care enough.

My parents got an arranged marriage. My mom was the second wife though. Her family forced her into this marriage to pay off their debts. My dad owed them too, but the money they needed was too much so both my grandparents made an agreement, and got a man with a wife and seven kids, married to a 24 year old, who had a dream to accomplish, but now it's all gone.

Sakura Gakiragi, My mother had me at 30, she was forced into this marriage with my crazy rich dad. They were quite unhappy but they both did it for the sake of family. Three years into their marriage, I was born. My mother died when I was only 5. She wanted me to be as free as a bird, she hated how she lived her life, imprisoned, had everything planned out for her, and was unable to have a choice of her own. She never got her freedom, and that's why she named me Tori, "The free bird". My mother loved my hair so much, she called me "My coral pink bird." I love this name. She made me do a little vow to never allow anyone to mess with it, once and for all, she chuckled then.

I grew up in an emotionless house. My stepmother didn't care about me, even though she saw a bunch of misunderstandings, she didn't even try to fix any of them. My dad and I never knew how to communicate with each other. I don't know why but I thought it could be because he raised 7 boys and doesn't know how to understand or make sense of a little girl's words or actions. I gave him all the excuses I could.

Even though my brothers did treat me very well to a certain point, we all just became very different and unattached through time. None of us wanted this change because the age gap was huge, so becoming unattached and differing in more ways, made things worse for us, especially when we're raised and treated differently.

I always wanted to say to my dad, "If you don't treat your children equally, maybe you shouldn't have had more than one." Two siblings will never experience the same childhood just because of the way parents behave. I don't even have two parents. I thought me and my brothers would grow together, but we grew apart. I always wanted to be like them, even though all of them were cold to me, together and around strangers they joked and had some emotion written across their faces. Yet never with me.

Growing up with a father who owned a company called "Shiro RT," my identity at school was pretty much laid bare. Kids knew exactly who I was and weren't shy about trying to take advantage of it. But I wasn't about to let myself become a doormat. Even though I wasn't dumb or desperate, my refusal to let others walk all over me earned me a reputation for being selfish. Soon, what started as whispers turned into outright bullying.

I decided to stand up to these bullies, even though everyone else seemed to think it was just harmless fun. By the time I reached second grade, the same old crowd was still trying to push me around. I fought back, swinging punches and shouting, but somehow, I was the one who always ended up in trouble.

Moving through three different private schools before reaching fifth grade felt like navigating a maze of unfamiliar faces and places. Each transition brought a whirlwind of change, leaving me grasping for stability. When my father decided to renovate our mansion, the exterior transformed before the interior, signaling a fresh start. I saw an opportunity for renewal, a chance to redefine myself.