Chapter five A Date?

Part I

Arata

She lunged from her seat, "Yuu! Why are you here? Are you okay?"

"Don't worry, everything's okay." She scared me.

"Is someone here with you? Should I help?"

"I'll be okay, I'm here with my grandma."

"Oh, is she okay? Like, is it something serious?"

"Shirotozawa are you okay?" I avoided her question.

"Yeah, why?"

"You're in the hospital too, you know." I said, tilting my head because her reply took me by surprise. "Oh, yeah I'm here with my mom."

"Is she okay?"

"Yeah just... cancer." She sighed.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have asked." I felt bad for asking, I didn't think of her feelings, but she replied laughing, "Hey now, she'll get cured soon, hopefully. Let's just have a seat." she sounded tired and hurt, holding my hand pulling me to sit next to her. I blushed, feeling my ears turn red as she sat me next to her. We sat near the entrance of the hospital because the hospital was so small. I tapped her on the shoulder, questioning, "Do you know how long you're staying?"

"No, but I'd say about an... two hours maybe. Not so sure. You?"

"Yeah I'll be waiting a while too. Should we walk around?" I was scared of rejection.

"Yeah, let's go." She held my hand and she blushed, mumbling something, but all I could think about was her soft tiny hands, clenching on mine. We came across a group of old ladies as we walked wherever our legs took us to. We came across a group of old ladies and I heard one of them say, "Their hearts entwined in an eternal embrace."

"Oh, to be young and in love again." Sighed the other lady, a wistful smile playing on her lips as she watched us stroll by, hand in hand. I held her hand tighter without noticing, I had totally forgotten we were holding hands, it's comforting. I looked down at her to see her blushing and biting her lips again, her hand became loose, looking up at me. As we paused, our gazes intertwined, the world seemed to fade away, leaving just the two of us in a timeless moment. In that lingering exchange, there was a whisper of something more, a silent confession of feelings blossoming beyond friendship. Lost in each other's eyes, we might've looked a little too long for just friends.

Her hair color is so bright like Zinnia, Cosmos, and Chrysanthemums, being so smooth and silky flowing with the wind. The scent coming from her gave me peace I never felt. Her hazel eyes so captivating, drowned me with the honey shades becoming more visible with the sun rays covering her eyes. I have realized she is true beauty twined in a single breathless moment and how I long to live and die within that perfect blink of her alluring eyes, she's a creation of another world I believe. I wanted to hold her hand tighter, pull her closer, and make her only look at me. But nothing lasts. This magical moment was interrupted by her phone ringing, yet she was still lost, it looked like she was unraveling me, looking into the depths of my soul.

"Shirotozawa?" I said trying to hide my blush and the shake in my voice as she kept watching and absorbing me. "Sorry! I'll get going now. It was from my mom. See ya." She said letting go, and slightly panicking, she was blushing and her eyes shook too.

"You're good, I guess I'll check on my grandma as well. Will I see you?" I hoped for her to ask me out, but what am I thinking? She's out of my league.

"Don't know, should you?" She laughed, stepping away, then turning back to me, "Give me your phone number! let's hang out tomorrow, talk about the play and stuff, it'll be fun, promise." I handed her my phone, accidentally brushing my fingers over her's. She waved goodbye and I couldn't help but get lost again and again in her magical appearance.