Chapter eight The play

Part I

Arata

I looked around Shirotozawa's house, and it was even bigger on the inside. Her room was the last room at the end of a dark, pretty hallway. Her room was ocean blue mixed with wine red, two of the walls were shades of red, mostly wine red, and the other two were like the ocean. She had a big bookshelf, she had pretty little sketches related to the walls colors all over the walls, and she had a lot of figures, and things that looked hand crafted. Her bed was a queen size bed and it had these curtains around it, making it look like a princess's bed that we see in movies. It smelled like sweet vanilla, and everything was so clean and perfect.

"It smells really good." Fumiko said.

"Really? It smells like sweet vanilla."

"Is that bad? Sweet vanilla's good no?" Minato laughed.

"No, it's just too much for me, too sweet." She laughed, and pointed at the carpet that looked hand made. although it was precise, the stitching and even the character's face that was drawn on it was slightly crooked. Shirotozawa took so many pictures for some reason, and even though we did come to practice, it was fun and we laughed at some parts, and made jokes that made us all crack. Her butler got us snacks and he kept eyeing us, the guys, especially Isamu, but he didn't sit around long. It was 6:30 pm, when a knock on the door interrupted Shirotozawa's best scene.

"Tori." Someone yelled, and she let him in. "Yuki, what's up?" She said,

"Oh, you got company." Her brother came in, and sat with us. And she yelled at him sitting down next to me, "My room isn't yours." She rolled her eyes, and it got tense because of the rumors. It has been said that she was super hated and unloved by her family. So, my extroverted side showed up, dabbing Shirotozawa (the brother), saying, "Hey, man, been a while, last time it was really fun, maybe we should do it again on weekends." I smiled at him, and I let go. I looked around to see everyone shocked, then at her, and she looked so happy, she stood up and said, "Yeah, Yuki, thanks for last time, but want to say something?" She said jokingly, helping him up, as he said, "I just wanted to tell you that on friday, we're having a family dinner." Her face flipped and she looked mad, but she also looked hurt, and walked him to the door. We stayed for one more hour, and then decided we should leave. She walked us to the front door, and her family was still on the dinner table. She rushed us to leave the house, but as everyone got confused as to why she's doing that, her dad came and stood behind her. The guy's so huge compared to her, he's like an elephant and she's a little squirrel. Their eyes were the same though, honey-like, hazel eyes.

"Tori." he said, and she didn't notice him until he did.

"Oh, yes dad?" She said pushing me out, the looks between them made us all hurry out the door. It took her 5 minutes to come to open the gates for us, and Isamu asked her, "New girl, everything okay?" he held her hand gently, and everyone came closer to her, but I didn't know how to react, and dark thoughts ran through my head, "What if the scars from before were from him? What if it is true that she's living hell because her family hates her? What if she hurt herself because of what they put her through?" I was still lost in thought, before getting pushed by Akari, she nodded Shirotozawa's way and I looked at her looking at me. She was smiling, and explained that he's a little mad at her because she stayed past 8:30 hanging out with friends, and how it'll get better soon. She thanked us all and we went to the taxi. However the driver this time wouldn't take it, he said, no way I'm taking 8 people, 5 max. Everyone was confused since we did get the same driver on purpose knowing no one will accept this.

"Fine," Akari turned, shovining Chihiro, Minato, Junko, Chinatsu, and Fumiko into the car, saying, "Me, Yuu, and Isamu will stay here, you guys can leave." We all agreed and Shirotozawa offered to pay for our ride, but we refused.