Nothings new

Cass pov

Every morning is the same. I wake up, I do my lady in waiting duties, practice my sword fighting on breaks I have and spend time with Rapunzel. And that's all my life consists of. It's been a year and I feel stuck. Like I have ambitions, I just am stuck. Stuck as a lady in waiting, stuck as a best friend, stuck as the side character in Rapunzels perfect life. I am not even the love of her life, or have some sort of recognition, appreciation or love. No, I'm the second choice. After she puts attention to Eugene and pascal and max, she comes to me. When she has nothing to do and needs to talk, she comes to me. When she can't get what she wants, she comes to me. And I'm there for her. I listen, I watch, I comfort her, like a good little doggy who will be willing to throw herself into a pit if rapunzel said so. And what for? Nothings new. Her feelings will never change, she will never see me like she sees Eugene. I mean nothing to her. And I'm starting to get tired of this repeated commotion and life. I didn't sign up for this. I don't want this. I am done. So I start packing my bags to find a new life. A more just life. Where at least someone loves me and treats me like a first choice not a last choice.

Rapunzels POV

I was having my perfect routine when I pass near Cass room to fetch her for a game of chess when I see she's packing her bags? That's odd. Where is she going? Is this a roadtrip? Omg how exciting.

Cass where are you going? Are we having a secret girl roadtrip? I ask excitedly

But Cass seemed off. I can't seem to read her .

It's not a roadtrip, I'm leaving. For good. Don't follow me.

What? Leaving for good? But why? We haven't had a fight in months and everything seems so perfect and comfortable now, why would she want to lose that?

What do you mean you are leaving for good? Cass are you in trouble?

She hasn't met my eyes in all this conversation. She's just staring at her bag and the things she's packing. Like she's gonna be gone for a very long time. This is staring to worry me, I can't lose her. Not now or ever. I need her.

Cass POV

I was hoping Rapunzel wouldn't catch me like this or anyone. Great, now what? I don't want to lie to her face. If I tell her the truth about leaving then she's going to start questioning me. Ah, I might as well tell her what's going on. It's not like she can force me to stay, right?

Listen Raps. I can't do this anymore. This routine or perfect life you have. It's killing me. You know what I hate the most? Having to wake up every day and be by your side, falling more in love with you every day, while you are just focus on Eugene and you find new reasons to love him every day. You think it's fair for me? I feel used by you every day. First you talk to Eugene then Pascal before coming to spend time with me. And I get it, they are closer to you than I am. You've known them longer. I just really thought we had something..special. Like when we had the lost lagoon as our secret. Or how you taught me how to swim. But now I realize, all of it means nothing. I mean nothing to you. Nothings new. I don't know why I expected for something to change.

I closed my eyes and lower my head, I couldn't stand making Raps cry, least alone see the tears dropping one by one in her skin. I felt terrible but I better say it than just leave without an explanation and have her chasing me everywhere I go distracting her from her duties as princess and her life with Eugene, where she belongs.

Rapunzel POV

Wow Cass is serious about leaving. I didn't know she felt this way. I couldn't help but cry. I don't want her to go. Cass is very secretive and lonesome so I never thought she. I never knew she had feelings for me or felt used by me. I would never use her. And her feeling that way because of me, I can't help but hear a little crack in my heart. And I don't know what to say. I don't want to say something wrong. She's already angry and hurt. What if I say something wrong and she leaves? I need to convince her to stay. I need to show her that everything is new. That she means everything to me. And just because I love Eugene doesn't mean I'm not allowed to love her the same way.  And that I'm also discovering my heart. But how do I show her this?