Ada

"What's your name, baby? I wanna m-" I hear a muffled groan and a sigh before he speaks again. "I wanna moan it as I- as I c-cum" the man whimpers over the phone.

The red pen twirling between my fingers is the answer. It isn't my job to tell the truth. Hell, it isn't even required that I do. These people won't ever see me in real life. They'll never know it's me. Why does it matter if a man thinks I'm a 5'3" skinny bombshell? "Penny. My names Penny, baby. Let me hear you say it." I say in my special customer service voice with nothing more than a slight grin on my face.

I hear his breathing grow quicker and more shallow as I watch the second hand on the clock tick by and my pen drops with a small clatter onto my desk. I hear a whimper leave his lips which peaks my interest. Im used to men that are silent as they pleasure themselves so a vocal man is always the highlight of my day and I sit up, waiting for it.

His breathing stops for a few seconds before a "mmph. Fuck, Penny" followed by a most relieving sigh comes from him. I pick the pen back up and twist the bottom off and on over and over.

"Good job, baby." I say, clicking my pen a few times as he recollects himself.

"Will I talk to you again?" The man asks with a hint of hope in his voice.

"When you call again, ask for me. Have a good night, love." I put on a fake smile that no one can see as I hang up.

I peak over the cubicle at the maroon headed girl who was chewing on the cap to her pen. Her blue eyes dart to the side to look at me, comedically keeping the pen rested on her bottom lip. "Can I help you?" she sighs, pulling the pen cap out of her mouth.

"Oh, don't be so excited to see me." I joke with an eye roll. "If a dude asks for Penny, that's me."

Her green eyes narrow. "So you're Harper, Mary, Lizzy, and now Penny?"

I slowly lift my head, narrowing my eyes at her as a small smirk stretches across my lips and I drop my head into a quick three part nod. "You're correct."

Sam disappointedly rests her left hand on her desk and places her right one on top of it. She removes her gaze from me and stares at her screen. "Why don't you just tell them your real name?" She asks in a defeated tone.

"Why would I? Why do I need horny men knowing who I am? They don't need to know I'm not blonde and short." I shrug.

"I am tired of putting a new name in your files every day." Sam face palms, the loss of sleep showing on her tan face.

"I'm tired of being asked my name everyday. They need to get out of my business." I push my lips out and raise my eyebrows as I shrug and sit back down in my seat, waiting for another call to come in.

I watch the second hand on the clock go as slowly as ever. I hear a click from Sam's side of the wall and some mumbling before a ping comes up on my computer. I click on the call and read the notes she had left when talking to him.

Wants someone to talk to. Not necessarily sexual. it reads. Wow, great explanation, Samantha.

I clear my throat as I hit accept call. "This is Penny, darling." The valley girl customer service voice comes out as I lean back in my chair, tapping the edge of my desk. Thirty two minutes and I get to go home.

"Penny? Is it short for anything?" a deep voice replies. My face drops at the southern accent that has some rasp in it. It's the unforgettable, unmistakable voice of Professor Levine. Could it be?

"Penelope." I quickly say, thankful for the quick thinking. "What's your name, lovebug?" I ask in a sigh, giving my best attempt at acting as normal as possible although a breath is stuck in my throat.