Ada

Sam sits hunched over a paper, writing down what she could remember of last night. She forgot to write things down and now, is bullshitting on her project. Of course.

Her long blonde wig keeps getting in her face so she tears it off her head and sets it on her lap, making me chortle as she gets back to her assignment. Donovan's party is right after class so most everyone is already dressed up. She's a sexy cop and honestly, she looks great.

I couldn't find many plus size costumes that fit me well so I picked Velma. My usual long brown hair is now short and straight and I've got fake glasses on. They're actually quite cute on me. I feel exposed because the top is an orange cropped long sleeve with a gap between the turtle neck and the fabric covering my boobs, so there's cleavage. I also have a red pleather skirt on that falls just midway up my thigh and knee high orange socks as well as red heels. I would've gone with the full turtle neck but Sam demanded I be sexy this Halloween. I love her, but she's raunchy.

Mr. Levine makes his way around the class, checking in with the students and asking how their projects are going so far. He did clean up. His disheveled hair is now back to its medium length up top that falls above his ears with the few strands up front that touch his eyebrows. He's back to stubble which is so attractive on him. Mariah, you bitch.

My phone buzzes and I pick it up to see Donovan's name on it. I make a confused face and open the message.

'You look good in that outfit' it reads.

I let a small smile form on my lips and I look back to see him looking at me with the same smile. I respond with a thank you then ask why he's not in costume yet.

'I need someone to help me with my hair and makeup. I'm gunna be a devil so my mom's gunna help me when she gets home.'

'Sam and I can help you if you'd like' I reply.

'That'd be awesome. Ride to my house with me after class?'

I look back at him and give him a nod to which he responds with a grateful smile as I set my phone down. "What was that about?" Sam asks.

"We're going to Donovan's house to help with hair and makeup."

"Girl, what?" She drops her pen and gives me a bewildered look.

"I said what I said. I offered so he didn't have to wait til his mom gets home." I giggle.

"You can go but I have to stop by Vance's place to let his dogs out and feed them." She explains. Vance is her brother whom she adores. He's out of town with his girlfriend so she's looking after his two dogs, Snicker and Doodle. He's really into food, especially cookies.

I give her an offended look. "Fine." I huff.

Mr. Levine rounds the table Sam and I are sat at and kneels down, looking over at our papers. "How's it going for you guys?"

"I forgot to write things down last night so now I'm trying to remember." Sam throws her face in her hands and groans, getting a small laugh out of him.

His brown eyes look at me for a second before switching back to Sam. "That's okay. Just write your usual schedule if you can't remember." He smiles, looking at me. "And you?"

"Fine. My schedules been pretty consistent lately so it's been easy." I explain, turning my paper around to show him.

He grabs it and begins to read, his eyebrows raising a bit. "Yeah, wow. Your schedules are completely different from everyone else's. I'd like that in depth report after this." He gives us an assuring nod. "Do you guys have any questions?"