6

There was water everywhere, I couldn't find the surface, I panicked and panicked until I could breathe again.

I found myself alone, shouting "Christopher! Buck!" Over and over again.

I held onto a building fighting for my life, desperate for help. "Buck! Chris!"

Then finally I found him. "Buck! Buck! Help me please!" Buck panicked as he tried to get to me. He tied things together and risked his life to get me.

"I'm coming baby, just hold on." He got to a certain point and held to something. "Okay, Y/N. Let go, I'm gonna need you to let go. You can do it." I finally let go and swam to him.

Once I was in his arms I felt safe again, "I got you baby, I got you." He kissed the top of my head and helped me to the fire truck he found.

When I saw Christopher my heart collapsed and I held him tight. "Are you okay Chris?" I asked him.

"I'm okay, Buck saved me." I took a deep breath, "Yeah he did, didn't he."

Then more people started showing up, I looked at Buck and then nodded my head.

"Okay, I spy, with my little eye, something that... moves people around." Buck said to Christopher and I. "Um...Oh. A scooter." Chris said.

"Ah, yeah. Nice one." Buck praised him. "Okay, genius. Your turn." He said, "I spy a shopping cart." Buck and I laughed with Chris. "What? No, come on." I said.

"That's not how the game works. You can't just yell stuff out." Buck said. "But yelling stuff out is the fun part!" Chris yelled as I admired Buck and him together.

"You amaze me, buddy." Buck said to Christopher. "Why?" Chris asked.

"I got some bad news at work the other day, and I didn't wanna get out of bed, and then it made me hurt someone I love." Buck paused and looked at me. "But you, after the day you had, here you are, with a big smile, bustin' a gut." Chris laughed.

"You never gave up." Buck continued. "Even when that water was rushing over you back there. You just kept on swimming."

"Like Dory?" Chris asked. "Yeah, like Dory." Buck added. I then spoke up "And not just today. You know, but every day. You never say no, you never complain. How... how do you do that?"

"Well, I complained once, but it didn't work." He told us. "So what did you do?" Buck asked. "Just kept on swimming." He said softly. "Like Dory." I said smiling.

There were dead bodies that started to float by and I immediately jumped up, "My turn, I spy, with my little eye, something that is high." Buck grabbed Chris and turned him around. "A street sign?" Chris asked.

"Uh, high... higher than that. Like, whoa..." I made eye contact with Buck and kept keeping Christopher distracted.

After awhile we all sat in silence, taking in each other's company. "I don't know what I'm gonna tell your father." Buck said and I laughed. "Yeah, what's he gonna think of me now. First time we have Christopher alone and a tsunami hits." I hug on Chris.

"You saved me. And Y/N. And you saved them." Chris told Buck. "No, we did that together. Me and you and Y/N. We make a great team." He tells Chris. "Give me a high five. I'm proud of you. Really.." He hugs Christopher tight. "Thank you, Buck. Thank you." I hear him whisper and my heart melts.

Just then the water starts to go in the opposite direction pulling everything with it. Many people are thrown off the truck, there's a man who is desperate for help. Buck goes over to help him but then the truck shakes and Christopher falls overboard.

I immediately jump in after him. But we start to drift and I loose sight of the truck but I make sure Christopher is safe.

We find land and walk to find somewhere safe to stop. Soon the place fills up with many survivors and then a nightmare comes to life.

I loose Christopher.

"Christopher!" I yell. "Chris! Where are you." I panic and start asking everyone I see, "Have you seen a little boy, he's wearing a yellow shirt. Please you have to help me!" I plead.

No one has seen him.

In the midst of the devastation, I found a group of volunteers setting up a makeshift shelter. I immediately went up to them asking if they'd seen Christopher.

"Please! He's probably so scared." I pleaded to the group even more desperate to find Chris.

A woman approached me. "I think I've seen the big you're looking for. He's  with a group of children at the north end of town."

My heart leapt. I thanked the woman and set off immediately.

I strolled upon tents and it had looked like a DIY hospital. I searched desperately for Chris and Buck.

The air was thick with anxiety as I hurried through the crowd of the hospital, my heart pounding in my chest. The tsunami had left the city in ruins, and the hospital was overwhelmed with the injured and the desperate. I scanned every section, every face, searching for two people. Buck and Christopher.

I pushed my way through the desperate, confused people, my heart racing with fear and hope. For hours, I searched tirelessly for Christopher. I also searched for Buck hoping he magically got to him. I didn't want to believe that they were gone, I couldn't think that.

I found a volunteer "Have you seen a little boy? He had a yellow shirt on, and glasses." The volunteer looked at me weird. "What about a man? He's muscular and athletic, tall, his hair is short, light brown or blond hair." Now the volunteer looked at me like I was crazy.

"Please! He has blue eyes, bright blue eyes. And he has a birthmark on his eye, it looks like he's been punched." The volunteer just shook her head, "You might want to try the morgue." When she said this I wanted to fall to my knees, hoping it wasn't true.

The last time I saw them was just before Christopher fell overboard. Us three were all together, they were both just right there and then they were gone.