Chap. 19: Deku versus Todoroki

A small version of Shoto was hugging his mother and she was rubbing his head.

Shoto's Mom: But you want to be a hero, don't you?

Shoto: Yeah.

Shoto's Mom: You can be a hero then.

Shoto's thoughts: Before I knew it, I had forgotten what happened after this.

The crowd roared to life as Izuku and Shoto prepared to throw down with each other. Shoto unleashed a wave of ice towards Izuku but he immediately activated One For All at 5%, flicking his finger, using his new Smash technique he calls Delaware Smash, by flicking his middle finger, he released a bullet of air that managed to shatter the ice and generate air pressure and it blew Shoto and the crowd back but he managed to use ice to stop himself. 

Ms. Joke: Just the wind is this cold?!

Snipe: Talk about power, he really is like AllMight.

Shoto: Just as I expected.

The wind died down and Izuku prepared to attack Shoto again.

Present Mic: WOW! BATE STOPPED TODOROKI'S ATTACK BY FLICKING HIS FINGER!

AllMight's thoughts: He didn't know what scale of the ice Young Todoroki would use against him so he unleashed 10% of One For All and fired off a Delaware Smash. It's true that that was one of the only things he could do against the wave of ice Young Shoto sent towards him. However!

AllMight's train of thought was interrupted when Shoto fired another wave of ice at Izuku and he used another Delaware Smash to shatter it this time, going towards Shoto and making more air pressure being generated, forcing everyone to try and keep theirselves in place but Shoto used some part of the ice to freeze the attack. 

Present Mic: HE STOPPED IT AGAIN WITH ANOTHER FLICK OF HIS FINGERS! JUST WHAT IS HIS QUIRK?!

Izuko's thoughts: From what I know of Todoroki's fighting, he always attacks in an instant, so I don't have much data on him but he looks kinda mad. I really need to find an opening during this fight. The ice he's stuck behind him is probably how he plans to keep from being blown away. Which means I was right to use attacks that are long-ranged and not close-ranged. I've got to look carefully...think...find it...I've got time to fix this.

Shoto: You're finished...

Shoto released another wave of ice but Izuku punched the air, creating a shockwave that destroyed the ice and more air pressure occurred afterwards and Kirishima saw the fight happen.

Kirishima: It already started?!

Denki: Hey Kirishima, good job on advancing to the quarterfinals!

Kirishima: Thanks, that means we'll be fighting each other, Bakugo. We should give it our all.

Bakugo: I'll defeat you easily.

Kirishima: I'd like to see you try. But man, you, Kyuko, and Todoroki can shoot off powerful attacks that cover a lot of ground. Like "Bam!"

Sero: And you can do it with no time lag.

Bakugo: I'm not just shooting them off. Don't underestimate'em.

Denki: Huh?

Bakugo: If you overuse your muscles, the muscle fibers will tear apart and if you keep running, you'll run out of breath eventually.

Bakugo's thoughts: There's a limit to how much power I can produce too. That's why I designed my costume so that I could fire blasts in excess of what my body allows without any risk.