Chapter 11: The Obstacle Course

Class 1A was changing for the U.A. Sports Festival and Kyuko's blood was pumping. 

Katsuki: Finally it's time for the Sports Festival.

Denki: I honestly rather wear our Hero outfits.

Kyuko: That literally gives people advantages and that wouldn't be fun, so this is the most logical thing to do.

Ida: Let's do our best everyone.

Present Mic: ALRIGHT! HELLO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! THE ANNUAL U.A. SPORTS FESTIVAL IS UNDERWAY! FIRST CLASS TO APPEAR, THEY SURVIVED THE VILLAIN ATTACK! GIVE IT UP FOR CLASS 1A!

The stadium erupted as Class 1A walked out, and soon the other classes came out and they all looked towards the stage where Midnight was waiting for them.

Midnight: Hello First-Years of U.A. High! As you know, I'm Midnight and before we start, would Kyuko Bakugou come up to the stage?

Kyuko: What? Why me?!

Momo: You are the Class President after all.

Kyuko: Fine.

Kyuko flew to the stage and everyone looked at him as a microphone came out the ground. Kyuko held and looked at the crowd, taking a deep breath before he started.

Kyuko: My name is Kyuko Bakugou, and what I see here is students who have potential to be heroes! We all worked hard to get into this school! And now, we have the opportunity to show all that we can do in front of Pro Heroes! So everyone, give this event your all because there is no need to hide your true capabilities!

The crowd erupted into cheers and applause and Kyuko got back down, looking up at Midnight.

Midnight: First event, the Obstacle Course! You all are in a race against time! That all eleven classes must race four kilometers around the outside of the festival stadium throughout an obstacle course. Students are permitted to use their as much as they like as long as they don't leave the course. 

All the students take their places in front of a large corridor that leads outside the stadium. Once the countdown to the start of the race completes, all the students rush through the doorway and end up jam-packed together. Shoto realizes this is the first obstacle the competitors must get through and uses his Quirk to freeze some of his opponents' feet for a short time and escape the crowd. Katsuki Bakugou, Kyuko Bakugou, Momo Yaozorou, Yuga Aoyama, and many others are able to avoid Shoto's ice attack. As they continue to run, a wave of Zero-Pointers appeared in front of them. But Shoto is unfazed by this and simply waved his hand, freezing some of the Zero-Pointers in place since they were covered completely in ice. This led to an opening for everyone to pass through but some people had different ways to get over or deal with them.

Present Mic: WOW! TODOROKI FROZE THE ZERO-POINTER WITH NO DIFFICULTY AT ALL! SUCH SKILL!

Kirishima: He stopped them! We can go through the gap.

Todoroki kept running and looked behind him.

Todoroki: Bad idea. I froze them in pretty unstable positions so they'd fall.

The Zero-Pointer Todoroki froze had started falling onto everyone else and Kyuko saw this. Kyuko immediately activated Kaio-Ken, a red aura flaring around his body, jumping high into the air and landed a punch, sending it onto the floor and shattering it completely.

Present Mic: CLASS 1A'S TODOROKI TRIED TO SABOTAGE THE OTHERS IN ONE MOVE BUT KYUKO SHATTERED IT WITH ONE PUNCH! IT'S LIKE HE'S THE BRAND NEW ALLMIGHT!

Katsuki's thoughts: I can't let Kyuko and Half And Half get ahead of me!

Katsuki aimed his hands towards the ground behind him and released explosions consecutively, making him go above the Zero-Pointer and Sero and Tokoyami followed close behind.