21. Remember me

"The outsiders came back for Y/n?"

Hange looks at me questioningly.

"That reason could work. The Titan is definetely a soldier from outside so... Now that they know that we know about them... It's unnecessary for them that Y/n is ours." Armin thinks through my words.

"I'm still reluctant. It's just a theory Armin. It can be true, but where is the proof?" Hange asks.

"You think I would want Y/n to be in danger like this? Lilly was similar to her regarding their hair colour and body shape. It is likely that the Titan thought it was Y/n."

"Our traitor must have warned them about the lake visiting, because I have heard the Titan half an hour before it attacked. It was already there, but was waiting for the best opportunity when all he needed was to grab her from Jake's shoulder."

"Damn. So you heard it, but you weren't sure it was danger."

"Yes... If only I told the guys about my bad feeling..." Armin looks down with guilt in his eyes.

"Don't blame yourself, kid. Her blood is not on your soul, it's on the traitor's." I say feeling my anger boil at the thought of someone we trust betray us...
But who could it be...
~~~

Her pov,

The amount of disappointment that overwhelms my body since Levi told me to leave... It felt like he just wanted to get rid of me...

Of course it's not true, but... Still hurts.

Not like I wanted to stay by his side, right now... All I truly wanted was to finally get away from him, yet somehow I'm on the verge of crying because he really did pushed me away.

I'm mad at him, but I still crave him.

I finally arrive at the door where Eren was said to be laying, resting out his injuries. I gently knock on the door, then I open in. Eren sits on the other side of the bed, with his back to me, gazing forward.

"Eren?" I whisper, not wanting to scare him.

"I knew it was you. From your footsteps..." He answers in a deep voice. I take notice of the huge bandage on his torso as I walk to him.

"How are you feeling?"

"What do you think? I'm a failure..."

"Don't say that." I sit next to him, but he moves away just a bit to signal he doesn't want to be touched. "You're not a failure... Nobody knows what happened to your Titan ability... But we'll make it work. I'm sure of it."

"It's not the fact that I failed as a Titan... But I failed as a soldier... I couldn't protect Lilly at all. I can't even protect anyone. If I don't save the paradise from the outsiders... My mother died for nothing..."

"Don't blame her death on yourself, you really couldn't do anything about it... Eren, please... You were a kid."

"It was my fault..." He gazes forward. "You don't understand."

"Then tell me."

"No... It's just..." He struggles to put the words together. "I've been having these... Dreams... No... Forget it..."

"No, Eren. Talk."

"I can't... I can't see you... You don't fit in..."

"What do you mean?"

"I haven't seen you coming..." He mumbles to himself, I barely hear him.

"You don't make any sense, Eren. What are you talking about? I'm not leaving this topic, talk." But all he does just gazing forward without a word,the silence feels almost overwhelming. Then suddenly he turns to face me and asks.