Prologue

Third-person POV:

Prologue...

Wednesday and Enid haven't spoken a word to each other let alone seen each other since the night of the Hyde attack.

Wednesday was the first to make a move and wrote a letter the second she got home to Enid's address thanking her for wolfing out but also bashing her for how incredibly stupid she was and how she could have gotten hurt, it was Wednesday's version of showing how she cared.

Enid of course was shocked but immediately replied which soon started a pen pal relationship of the two... They even sent packages to each other.

~~

Wednesday spent her free time-solving cold cases and active cases, along with writing some of her own. Even becoming a published author. Her name picked up quickly with how rapidly she was solving cases and was best known for cold cases or solving missing person cases past 72 hours with them alive! To summarize it Wednesday truly had no idea how popular she grew on social media and other platforms as she kept it old-fashioned, but nonetheless, she did which just brought in more cases for her.

~~

Enid was off for the months at home. Her mom laid off her for a bit because of what happened but that night changed Enid. She was never the same afterward and was much shyer and closed off. She spent most of her time reading or doing small art projects and tried her best to stay off her phone.

She literally was just another person.

Enid was depressed and the only thing keeping her going was her letters with Wednesday...