Chapter 11

So let's continue where we left off...

I hope you enjoy the chapter

Do not forget to like or comment

***

"I want to break off our engagement!"

Crash!

Marinette had said it so fast that she thought no one would have been able to comprehend it but seeing how shocked Edward was looking, not to mention the tea pot that slipped out of his hand and now laid on the ground in pieces with the tea spilled, she was sure they heard her clearly.

Marinette was having trouble comprehending Adrien's reaction though, he was just blankly staring at her and might have tilted his face a bit to a side.

Edward bent down to clean the mess he made, spewing apologies when Adrien said to him "Leave and bring us more tea, Edward"

Edward bowed his head and left the room in complete silence.

Marinette stared at Adrien, waiting for his response.

But then he closed his eyes, sighed loudly, and pinching the bridge of his nose he said "I see you are still mad at me..."

He opened his eyes and said "You don't have to go this far to scare me, my lady. I understand that I have done something to make you angry and I will..."

Marinette started zoning out on his words and stared at him in bewilderment.

He does not take her seriously, he still thinks it is one of her plans to get his attention.

This can't continue, he needs to know that she is serious, and if needed, she will also let him know she does not love him anymore or whatever it was she felt towards him, does not exist anymore so that he can't make such assumptions again.

"I am going to stop you right there, Your Highness" Marinette said sternly making Adrien stop speaking, biting her tongue before saying "I am not mad at you so you do not need to make up for it. And I am very serious when I say this, I want to break off our engagement"

Marinette wasn't sure what to expect from him when she would tell him this news but the previous reaction wasn't one of them and neither this one.

Something in his eyes shifted. His eyes narrowed and stared at her with his lips sealed, his gaze made her feel like he was trying to read her soul to get his answers.

But his heavy gaze did not falter her instead she stared right back at him with a very calm expression, waiting for his response.

"So...you want to break off our engagement?" Adrien finally spoke, still staring at her.

"Yes, I do" Marinette replied.

"May I know the reason for the sudden request?" Adrien questioned.

"The reasons are quite obvious, aren't they?" Marinette questioned back.

Adrien pressed on further to get his answers "Please elaborate" and Marinette was more than willing to answer because it was the script she had practiced in mind.

"Because we are not right for each other..." Marinette said matter-of-factly.

Something in his eyes shifted again while he asked "What?"

"It's quite obvious, that we are not right for each other..." Marinette said "From the start, this engagement wasn't something we both wanted but his majesty had set this up so we had no choice but to go along with it. And since then you are the one who has been at a disadvantage, I have been controlling your life according to my will because of my insecurities which isn't right, and keeping you away from what you truly want. I made this entire relationship toxic-"