Chapter 15

Time to continue with the ladies' conversation...

Drama awaits!

Do not forget to like or comment!

***

"Thank you, Lady Haprele. You are too kin-" Marinette was cut off when Lady Lila Rossi said "when she hasn't been the talk of the town"

All the heads turned to look at Lila whose words sounded like spoken out of spite, who was till now sitting in a corner silently drinking her tea.

Lila changed the tone of her voice and with a sly smile she said "I mean Lady Dupain used to be famous for her rude- I mean interesting personality but then she very suddenly drastically changed from her dressing style to her personality, she-"

Lila was cut off when Lady Alix Kubdel said "It's true though that your dressing style changed, Lady Dupain. It is so much more elegant and you look so beautiful in it"

"Yes, I agree" Mylene said.

"Me too" Alya also chimed in when Rose nodded in agreement.

It was obvious that these ladies were trying to divert Lila's rude words thrown at her.

That made Marinette have a smile that came straight from her heart "I am so grateful to have you ladies"

"If you are so grateful then start calling us by our names" Alya said.

"Do not pressure her Alya, Lady Dupain had told us that she feels comfortable when being formal" Rose somewhat scolded Alya.

"I am not pressuring her, it has been a year since we have become friends and-" Alya was cut off by Lila who chimed back in the conversation "Alya is just trying to say it's a shame that even after a year Lady Dupain isn't comfortable enough with you all to even call you by your names and as was saying earlier, she drastically changed just at the time when she came up with her business idea, how much of a coincidence is that..."

While other Ladies glared at Lila or pinched the bridge of their noses at Lila's behavior, Marinette wasn't angry at all. It has been a routine for Lila to target Marinette whenever she gets the chance.

Lila was the only person Marinette used to allow to be around her in her previous life. Lila followed her like a loyal dog and partook in her all evil deeds which made her gain Marinette's favor. With Marinette, she had the power over the entire social circle but now that Marinette doesn't feel continuing with her evil deeds in this life, Lila has nothing left in common with Marinette, and their acquaintance just vanished.

Another reason for Lila to be against Marinette is that when Marquess Rossi's truth about embezzlement came out in the open which Adrien had planned out, Lila had come running to Marinette to save her family from going bankrupt. In her previous life, Marinette had pulled a string or two to protect them from completely going bankrupt but in this life, Marinette had no intention of getting between Adrien's plan or saving someone from the punishment which they deserve. So, she did not help her this time.

The Rossi family was only left with their title and nothing else. To save them, Marquess Rossi got Lila engaged to a middle-aged man who had children older than her despite her opposition.

And because of all that, Lila had decided to hold a grudge against Marinette for not helping her rather than blaming her criminal father.

Lila's little grudge was of no importance to Marinette so she never reacted to it. The only thing Marinette felt towards Lila now was pity.

But still, Marinette has to answer the question that Lila has hung in the air, so she answered honestly "It's not that I am not comfortable with you ladies, it just... feels wrong on my part"