Chapter 6 I'll Fix It

Trigger warning: 1st degree murder, nudity, 

(Zenitsu's POV)

I see the bullet go through Haganezuka's fat skull into the wall, just missing Y/n as Haganezuka falls flat, bleeding all over her. I drop the gun and run over to her, throwing Haganezuka off of her. She was shaking.... she was terrified....

"Y/n.... oh my god.... I'm so glad you're okay!" 

She wraps her arms around me, "Oh.... oh my god...... I'm so sorry for not believing you....... I thought you were the..... the one who carved this into my forehead..."

I smirk behind her back, "Shhhhh.....shhh... I know..... I forgive you.... I know, I was looking really suspicious then....."I took off my undershirt of my suit, leaving me bare chested and started applying pressure to her forehead as she calmed down a little. 

"Oh my god......... I'm so grateful for you....." 

I blush. Shit, she's gonna get me too excited if she keeps talking like this. 

"It's nothing..... I'm just glad I was here..." 

"Speaking of which," She said, still thoroughly terrified, "Why were you here? And why are you wearing a suit?"

I was surprised she even thought of those details after almost being shot. I giggle. She really does make my job hard sometimes. 

"Oh, well, you see, after yesterday, I felt really bad about.... well..... everything..... even though I was being accused of something I didn't do, I went over to your house to check on you and wore the suit to make a good first impression on your parents. That's when they informed me that you were grounded, I was disappointed and when I tried to leave the house, I heard you screaming. Thankfully I had the gun on me for self defense." 

"But those guns are illegal...." 

"Well, are you gonna tell?" I smirk. 

She sighs, "No....." 

"Good...." I hug her tighter. I finally have her again. I have her in my grasp. She's mine again and I won't let her slip away again. 

She looks at the body on the floor. She panics and realizes what happened. 
"Zenitsu....what are we gonna do....."

I sigh. This is going to require a lot of trust. "Y/n....... I'm gonna need you to listen to my instructions very very VERY carefully." 

She freezes and listens to me. 

"Okay, first off, so we both don't get in trouble or investigate, we are gonna claim that this man is still alive. He left going through the window.Make people think he's still out there somewhere I'm going to bury him in the backyard and clean your room, okay? Decontaminate the whole area. You're gonna take a shower." 

She nods her head panicked, "oh....oh....okay...." 

"Second, your life is going to be really dangerous now, okay, but I'll protect you. To do that, I need you to pretend that you like me, okay? At least around your parents. You also have to pretend that we're not yet friends though for the time being..... okay? Your parents also can't know I'm here now..... I'm going to fix myself for you, okay?"

She was shaking and I hugged her close, "I'm going to fix everything. I got a job, I'm gonna quit smoking, I'm gonna be a better person but this whole day has to be a secret, okay?" 

"Okay okay..... but..... oh my god I'm gonna be sick..." She looks at Haganezuka on the floor as his body starts to smell, "You just killed a guy..." 

"I'm gonna fix it! I promise! Just wait in the bathroom. Speaking of bathroom, do you have any bleach in there?"