Chapter 9 Am I a Bad Man?

TRIGGER WARNING: Thoughts of murder, Addiction, talk of suicide 

What to do........ what to do............I quickly made my way out of the school. My brain was going a billion miles an hour. What did it mean? He asked for her number............ her number......what did he feel? What did she feel? Is it something to worry about? Of course it is........ it has to do with my Y/n..........

        Maybe murder isn't the solution. I'm not stupid, if I don't cover my tracks, I'm gonna get caught. Plus, a guy like him is going to be noticed. I mean, at least if I did kill him, there wouldn't be too strong of a relationship. The only relation to the murders would be that Haganezuka used to teach Genya. Maybe I could blame it on him. 

But I don't think that's necessary quite yet. Genya and I used to be friends. I think I were to talk to him......... the message would get across that she's off limits. 

I get on my bike and start speeding down the street. 

I mean, Genya and I haven't talked for a while. We used to be somewhat close but I never felt like he prioritized me over school work or something like Tanjiro and Inosuke.........When finals came along, he kind of just....... left.......and never talked to me since. He thinks he's better than me...... but that doesn't bother me.........it's if he thinks he's good enough for Y/n that counts.

I'm not even good enough for Y/n. I'm just a greedy selfish man that is taking her for myself before anyone else can. I have a feeling she could fix me.......give me the love I've craved all my life........someone that I can finally trust to treasure my feelings instead of seeing them as a burden or menace........ but I can't be vulnerable yet.......this has to be perfect.....I need no distractions. Nothing should matter except me and her. Nothing else. 

So I'll give Genya one last chance........and he'll listen..... if he values his life. 

I get off my bike and park it in front of the Kamado bakery. Today was my first shift.......a step towards a better me. A better me for Y/n. I walked into the bakery to see Tanjiro in some goofy apron. He comes up and hugs me. 

"ZENITSU! HEY!" He pats me back before pulling back and grabbing my shoulders, "YOU LOOK GREAT!"

I smile, trying to hide the fact that I was freakishly annoyed, "Yeah......." I chuckle awkwardly, "First day...... so....... what do I do?" 

Tanjiro smiled, "I'm glad you asked. I thought I would start you off with something easy, not very stressful. I was gonna put you on cash register duty for today. I was gonna be making all the different breads and orders in the back and Inosuke will be working janitor duty as usual." 

I paused when I heard Inosuke's name but I shrugged, "Okay......" 

I put on the apron. It had a little cake on it with a smiley face. It was a magenta color. I honestly looked stupid in it. I already wanna quit. I look up to see Inosuke. He was mopping the floor. He side eyes me every once in a while, making me uncomfortable but I mind my business, wiping the counter down with a rag out of boredom. 

"That's my job." Inosuke mumbles. 
I look up at him, "You're welcome for the help." 
He stares at me angrily. I take a deep breath, feeling suffocated from the tension when I finally speak up. "What the hell is your problem?" 
"Uhhh..... I don't know. Maybe that you're using Tanjiro!?" 
I groan, "I am NOT using Tanjiro!"
"YES YOU ARE! YOU'RE TAKING HIS MONEY!" 
"FOR THERAPY!" 
"WE ALL KNOW YOU'RE NOT GETTING THAT!" 
I take a breath, noticing that we're getting loud, "Listen, I AM getting therapy and the money I get here, I give to a close friend of mine that needs help financially right now." 
"Oh please." 
"IT'S TRUE!"