1

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS UNEDITED AND I WAS YOUNG WHEN I WROTE THIS AND ITS TERRIBLE

Matty's POV:

"In the city of New York there are two types of guys that you will commonly find. The douche bags or the stalkers. Occasionally you will find your self with a very nice lad but he most certainly will not want to start a family with you so it's probably just better to be single"

As I typed away working on a new piece of writing for my column, I felt a certain emptiness. The emptiness only seemed to occur when I was out of wine or just plain sexually frustrated. Unfortunately for me I was out of wine and sick of smut. I write about relationships in the city of New York so, how is it that I cannot seem to find that special someone for me? My mother says it's because I'm different. Personally, I believe it's because I'm to independent. I had a tendencies to get close to someone and leave. It was a bad habit I go into after my father left us. His leaving caused many holes in my love life and it is his fault I tend to be extremely distant in fear of being hurt again.

As I shut my laptop to go to sleep I heard my phone start buzzing causing me to jolt in shock. I quickly jumped out of my seat to find it before the vibrating stopped. Luckily it was on my desk or the call would have been long gone. "Hello" I said weakly, "Hey, this is Jesse Rutherford of XO magazine and I was reading the article you did for pitchfork. You are very humorous and I've been looking for a writer like you to start a monthly column in the magazine. I saw that you already write one for the paper but I would love it if you wrote the column for us." His voice was smooth and official. I knew about him from the magazines I read, he was not very social person from what I've read. I also heard he's not dating anyone because they say he's to focussed on work. "Are you there Matthew?" he asked changing the tone in his voice to worry. "Oh yes I'm present" I said stupidly. "Well, I would love to meet you does tomorrow at 9:30 work for you?" he asked. "Yes." "Okay it's the 12th floor in the Parker publishing companies building. Are you familiar with the place?" he questioned. "Oh, yeah down by the organic café," "Yes, so I will see you tomorrow?" he asked. "Yes"

I walked from the window to my queen bed for two. I knew it was stupid to keep things from past relationships especially something as personal as a bed but I can't bring myself to throw it out. I threw the covers over before sinking into the soft mattress. I laid there for a minute before drifting off into a deep sleep.

I woke up rubbing my eyes slightly. I glanced at the clock it read 8:45. I have forty five to get down to 5th street, alright. I threw the cover off of my half naked body and went to my drawer for a fresh pair of boxers and some socks. I got out of my old under garments and hurried to my closet. Once I opened the door I reached for my black button up and black skinny jeans. I ran a hand through my hair and bent down for my boots. Once the leather shoes were on my feet I tied them and started for the door. With my wallet and key in hand I stepped out.

I pulled a stick of gum from my wallet and ran down the stairs. After opening the door I quickly run for a taxi. The yellow can stopped in front of me and I climb in. "Umm the Parker Publication building on 5th street" I informed the driver. He nodded and we were off into the morning traffic. The sound of car horns and screaming drivers filled my ears. The cab smelled of smoke and... wet dog. I covered my nose with my hand as we started to move. I watched the buildings pass by as the car drove faster. Before I realized it there I was in front of Parker Publications.

"Thank you" I said handing the man a five. I exited the taxi nearly tripping over the curb as I proceeded to enter the rather large building. I walked through the lobby and pressed the up button on the elevator. The lobby was very elegant with a chandelier and a overview of the magazines that worked with the publication. The silver door opened for me and I entered the shaft. I placed my finger on the 12 button and the elevator started up. When the shaft stopped and the door opened I was greeted by the lady working the desk. She had blonde hair and blue yes and looked like she's had more then one sexual experience in her life. "Who are you looking for?" she asked batting her eyelashes. "Mr.Rutherford" I responded politely. "Alright, I will let him know you are here...." "Matthew" I answered. "Okay" she said in her perky tone that made me want to jump out the three story window. I nodded and headed to a seat. I sat in one of the three leather seats and looked around at the paintings on the pale blue walls.

"Matthew, Mr. Rutherford is ready to see you." Oh, God so fifty shades.

AN

Hi Loves! I'm very excited about this. I will be updating often and I'm super happy about my ideas for this! I'm also the first one to write a JessexMatty story so hopefully I will inspire some other people to write some more.

Also, sorry this chapter was kind of boring I promise it will get better.

And thank you Kali ( bluemojis follow her because shes the bomb dot com ) for my cover I love ya xx