Chapter 18

Try Again?

I couldn't contained myself because of how much he intently looking at me. I couldn't chewed the food inside my mouth. I suddenly felt conscious. The way he stare me makes me conscious. I felt like he was trying to read me thoroughly as he leered at me.

"U-Uhmm... What?" I asked hesitantly while my mouth is still full.

My heart jumped when he starting to came near me. I find it hard to swallow the food in my mouth. I cough when he didn't stop walking towards me. I swallowed hard. 

My mouth parted as I my eyes follow what he is going to do. I made a stepback when he continue walking almost caging me. My chest were pounding so hard when his hand touch my skin. I close my eyes as I felt the cold breeze of his hand on my lips.

"May dumi ka sa labi. May sauce." He uttered as he pursued his lips.

I immediately open my eyes and slightly push him away when I realize that he'd just wipe the dirt on my lips. Shit! Am I waiting him to kiss me?! Seriously? In this kind of place, really? I sighed harshly and tilted my head.

"Why are you shaking your head?" He asked.

"Uh, no reason. Why? Don't you like it?" I plastered a smile.

"Hindi naman. I'm just wondering why you're shaking it." He added.

I chuckled. I couldn't help but still doubt if I'm hearing it right. Is he really wondering? Or I'm just hearing it wrong? Just back then, he didn't want to talked to me but it's just crazy that were here together tasting the food I'm not familiar with. It's still feel surreal like I was just daydreaming and eventually wake up from a sweet dreams.

"Why are you wondering? Do you like me?" I don't know what am I thinking—it just suddenly spill on my mouth.

I could feel the sweats forming on my forehead while waiting him to speak. I saw how he gasped to my question. His mouth parted and his eyes narrowed—shock was evident on his expression. I wouldn't take back my question I was eager to know what were his answer. It's only once in a while that I have the courage to ask this question so I wouldn't waste it.

"Uhmm..." I could see how he struggle to answer my simple question.

I nodded. Maybe it's not yet ready to question it. Maybe he's not yet recovered from his past relationship. I understand it. I wouldn't force him. I am willing to wait for him until he's ready.

"It's fine. I am okay. You still love her. You can't still move on from her. Don't worry for me I am aware. I'm just trying my shoot." I laugh to suppress the heavyweight I felt in my heart.

When did you start lying about on what you truly feels, Trianah? I guess it's started when since you liked Michael. You said you're okay but why your heart is drenching in pain? You said you understand but why you can't fully understand why you're the one who's here beside him but his heart still longing for her. Just why you can't be honest with your feelings?

You are worrying for his feelings but you couldn't do it to your own. Love can really make you dumb for no reason. No matter how smart you are, but when it comes to love, you become stupid.

"No, it's not like that Tri. I don't have any feelings left for her. It's just that..." Michael shook his head.

My face brightened when I heard him saying that. That's mean I have still a chance. He doesn't love her anymore.

"It's just that? What? Continue what your saying. You are ruining the mood here!"

"Never mind. Let's go I take you home. Baka abutan ka pa ng gabi sa pag-uwi." He didn't answer what I am asking instead he started to walk.