Episode 31

Heyyyy guys. The people that have read the previous chapter( 31) previously, I've made some changes so do go check it out.

Thank you.

Adam's POV.

I can't believe Hams is here.

I don't know if she is pretending to not recognise me or she actually doesn't but there is no way I would forget that face.

We are in the dining room eating dinner and I can't help but look at her.

I missed her so much and wondered where she is now, if she is married, if she has kids or if she finally followed her dream and studied IT.

I have so many things to ask her and talk to her about but she hasn't even shown familiarity with me. I would once in a while catch her looking at me but as soon as I look at her, she looks away.

What is bothering me is that she is with Ahmad. Don't get me wrong, I like Ahmad but we don't really talk as much as he does with Hassan.

I know that he was a playboy when we were younger and I know he got angry pretty quickly. Before we moved to Qatar, I heard from my friend Abubakar, who is Imran's brother ( Ahmad's best friend and cousin), that Ahmad had began drinking and playing around with girls.

I just hope he has changed because I'm worried for Hams. I want to stand up and head to where she is seated and give her the biggest hug ever but I can't do that.

Not only because her husband and my parents are there but because since we were younger, she would never let another man touch her, even her best friend farouk. That is one thing that impresses me about her. She doesn't lower her standards and morals for anyone no matter what.

What the actual hell.

I can't believe Faduma Hameedah Aminu is here.

I watched her as she interacted with my mother and it was so wholesome. I dreamt that I would bring her to see my mum and we will get married.

Hams and I met in year 7. She was a beautiful girl, almost every boy in our class had a crush on her. She was quiet but funny, she loved reading like me, she was always respectful towards teachers but not a teachers pet. She was perfect.

Sort of a flashback, more of Adam telling the story.

I had a crush on her the first day I saw her but I kept it to myself.

She was a smart girl and by the way she spoke, you could tell she knew what she was saying.

Whenever you ask her personal questions about something, she would always reply with ' circumstances '. We all got used to it, whenever you hear the word, she is the first person that will come to your mind.

I remember her not having a phone in year 9 but she didn't care at all. Whenever you ask her why, she would answer with the same ' circumstances '.

We became friends in Year 9 and from then, she was my favourite person.

She would recommend me books and I would read them so we could come to school and discuss it. She was so easy to talk to that I felt really free around her.

She had an aura that just lights up the room when she walks in, she puts a smile on my face whenever I see her.

I spoke to Hassan about it and he advised me to tell her how I feel.

I was scared because I heard that when some boys told her they liked her, she politely declined and never spoke to them again. I was scared that our friendship will be over if she rejected me.