27. Queen of Sandcastles

"I was his favorite once." Davina warned. "My boy only breaks his favorite toys. I'm queen of sand castles he destroys. Careful, he will destroy you next."

"Quick tell me something awful."

"What?" Daemon countered.

"Because what mother told me can't be true."

"Draeg-"

"You cheated on her over and over again and now you want to take a second wife? Toss mother aside." Draegon demanded. 

"You are too young to understand." Daemon decided

"In old enough to know that you broke her heart but you are good at that so it must be a familiar feeling." Draegon corrected marching off. 

"YOu dont know everything." Daemon called after him. 

"I know that I can't trust you." Draegon corrected.  

Avalon was humming as she walked through the flowers, her husband dead, who knew it put one in such a good mood. Unlike Laenor's death which everyone believed was Rhaenyra and Daemon's doing, which Avalon agreed probably was true. When her husband died, no one questioned perfect little Avalon, she was a good girl, but she kissed Larys afterwards thanking him over and over again. His lips tingled with her touch all day. 

" The spirit was gonе, we would never come to."

"Robbie-" Daemon felt like he was losing a lot today.

"You hurt my mum."

'I'm your father."

"We all know that's not true" Robbie countered honestly. 

"Robb." Daemon whined, he just wanted a crown, couldnt one of his children understand that need for power?

"You never treated me like your son. You love vaera and you train draegon personally but me-"

"You are my son." Daemon growled. 

"You never acted like it and now you are breaking my mums heart."

"Robb. Is she really going turn you all against me?"

"She told us the truth. In taking sides... Well that is up to us. I choose mum. Over and over again. It seems draegon thought the same based on how you are finally calling me your son." 

"You did this!" Daemon shouted shoving Davina back, Fury rose up and she glanced to him, slowly. "You-"

"Fury could incinerate you in a blink of an eye, I wouldnt even have to say a word." davina corrected. "Tread carefully brother." 

"You turned them against me."

"You fucking rhaenyra at a funeral, murdering her husband after that, breaking my heart... that turned them against you. " Davina corrected. 

"Maeve," criston whispered kneeling before her. She wiped at her eyes. "What happened sweetie?"

"I don't want to leave you. And I dont want to leave mum and... everything is all messed up." Maeve whimpered hugging him. "Daemon is... coming back to dragonstone with us."

"Him and Davina?"

"No. She's not... she's not going to dragonstone. My mother married Daemon."

"She what?" Criston demanded. 

"I'm just as confused." Maeve agreed. "I said good bye again, but she was distracted..."

"Come on, when we get home we will have cake." Criston suggested. 

"Chocolate cake with strawberries?" Maeve whispered. 

"I will make it happen." Criston assured keeping an arm around her. 

"She's perfect." Cregan Stark declared.

"You are focused on the wrong Targaryen nephew." Brandon countered moving towards the shores.

"No, Vaera is perfect." Cregan corrected. An over 20 year age gap between the brothers Jeremy and Brandon and the lord of winterfell, Brandon had heard that Davina was single and wanted to put his name in the hat for her heart. Cregan however had taken one look at Vaera, davinas daughter at the funeral, to which they had been party crashing, and fell in love.

"Come on." Brandon nudged him forward.

"I have to say hello." Cregan corrected heading off.

"Cre-" Brandon sighed as his nephew ran off. "Sometimes I forget hes still a kid." 

"As if you are not staring at Davina Targaryen."

"She's single. I heard her declare it to Daemon, they were over and she is fine." Brandon told his little brother. 

"She is beautiful."  Jeremy agreed. 

"No. Dont even look at her."  Cregan came slumping back to them.  "What happened?" Jeremy asked. 

"He chickened out, thats what happened." Brandon decided. 

"They flew off on dragon back before I could make my move." Cregan corrected. 

"You will get her next time." 

"When is that?"

"What Brandon's crush on her mother, odds are soon." Jeremy answered.