chapter 12

Last time

Blake:no. Just...just give me a couple of days, and I'll face her. And whatever she had to say to me.

Now

*True to her word, Blake was walking to see ruby.... Ok she was all but forced, and her friends locked her out of the house until she at least talks to ruby, but still! She was gonna talk to her today. Blake could see the store getting closer and closer, Her palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy. She's nervous, but on the surface she looks calm and ready. She shook her head, before she starts singing, and with one big calming breath she walked inside the building*

Moments before

*Just like last time we saw her, we see ruby fixing another weapon, this one was for some sort of raptor, rumored to be the new leader of the white fang. And just like last time she was singing as she worked*

Ruby: Where these bitches at? I'm in the V with the tints Got the FN on my body and the clip on hollow tips
Niggas say they gon' rob me and they still ain't do shit Catch her waitin' in the lobby, and I'ma give her this dick

*The radio turned off, as the jingle of the door was heard. Ruby sniffed the air, and froze. Since she knew that smell. And she knew it well. With a shaky breath, she remembered what her therapist told her*

Ruby"if I keep running, I'll never get better"

Ruby:..... What are you doing here?

Back to Blake's perspective

*Blake heard Ruby's voice in the back of the store, she shouldn't be surprised that with her nose, ruby could smell her. Blake felt like vomiting her mom's spaghetti from last night, but she powered through*

Blake:I....I came to talk, so... please don't kick me out

Ruby:......

*Blake started rubbing her arm, not listening to ruby speak, she heard a sigh at the back, and the sounds of wheels spinning towards her, and there she was. Ruby rose in her wheelchair, looking at Blake with a neutral expression*

Blake:......

Ruby:.......?

*They remained silent, ruby raised her eyebrow waiting, since she knew Blake would start to nervous talk right about....*

Blake:s...so, I uh...I like your wheelchair

*Now, timed it perfectly. Ruby nodded, and wheeled past her, outside the shop, she kept the door opened for Blake*

Ruby:look, if you want to talk, let's go to a cafe or something. I'm hungry, and there's way to many weapons in my shop, that I'm tempted to use on you

Blake:oh, uh yes. Yes. I know a great bakery close by, that also makes sandwiches

*Blake said with a bit of a hopeful look behind her eyes as she walked out of the shop, and ruby hated seeing that look in Blake's eyes. Well that's not completely true, it took a lot for ruby's golden retriever heart to hate something, at most it really annoyed her*

Ruby:....is it the lucky rabbit?

Blake:oh, you go there too? We were so close to meeting so many times.

*Blake said, she whispered the last sentence, but ruby heard it, she decided to just ignore it. Blake was already feeling less nervous, just having a normal conversation, even if both were ignoring the big metaphorical elephant in the street with them.*