IV. 190

december 1, 2020
storrs, connecticut

nika was laying in bed, wrapped in her blankets. she was scrolling on instagram. jaydens profile popped up with a set of photos and, she couldn't help but smile at the girl.

she caught herself and turned her phone off, rolling face down into the pillow. nika let out a groan and kicked her legs. somebody knocked on her door and she rolled back around, pulling herself out of bed. "hello?" she called out, looking through the peephole on her door.

jayden was stood on the other side, rocking between the front and back on her heels.

nika slowly opened the door, holding her breath. "hey? whats up?"

"can you come to my appointment with me? please?" she begged, garbbing the girls shoulder. nika blushed slightly at the touch, clearing her throat, "why?"

she pouted her lips, "please... im scared!"

nika giggled at the girl, "no, your a grown woman."

"nineteen is not a grown woman, thank you very much," she spoke hastily, pulling her hands from the girl to cross them. she looked at the girl with puppy dog eyes, blinking at her slowly. "whats the appointment?"

"that stupid tattoo... i dunno why i even agreed to it," she complained, leaning against the doorframe.

nika took a breath, thinking. "fine, ill go... but only because i feel bad. when are we leaving?"

jayden smiled and pulled her into hug, "thank you! and right now... put your shoes on."

nika sighed and walked into her dorm, finding a pair of sneakers, "your gonna be the death of me," she mumbled to the girl as they walked out. "yeah, but you wouldn't have it any other way."

"you might be right."
jayden opened the door to the building, holding it for the girl. "i know i am!"

nika covered her mouth as she laughed, "your egos massive today, jayds."

"its the false confidence," she said, nudging the girls shoulder.

nika opened the passenger door for the girl, "thanks!"

"get in the damn car."

jayden say down and melted into the seat, pulling her knees to her chest. she watched as nika got into the car, smiling at her. "whatcha smiling at, j?"

she giggled softly, "just you and your pretty face."

"yeah?" a smile pulled itself over her lips, a red tint covering her face, again. "mhm." she turned to face forwards and switched the car on, putting the directions in.

"your all red, niks," she whispered out, touching the girls face. nika bit the inside of her cheeks in response, speaking bitterly. "thats your fault."

"sorry." they sat in silence for the rest of the ride, the only sound being jayden tapping her fingers on the middle console. nika broke the silence when they pulled into the parking lot, "so why'd you want me to come with you?"

"you have a few tattoos, i figured you'd know what to do," she shrugged, opening the door. "don't laugh if i cry."

"yeah, sure."
they both got out of the car, walking towards the door. a bell rang above the door, startling the shorter girl. nikas hand instinctively went to touch her back, moving her forwards.

jayden froze up, her stomach doing flips and she looked back at the girl, grinning nervously. nika led her to the front of the parlor, the girl at the front smiling at them.