IX. happy accidents?

february 5, 2021
milwaukee, wisconsin

it would be a lie to say the game was even close, uconn had the lead the entire time. paige had thirty points!, olivia had eight rebounds and nika had nine assists.

geno, who had been in a bad mood since the day before, was finally smiling and the girls were buzzing with excitement.

the bus was loud on the way to dinner, the group doing karaoke on saylors phone. paige was singing quite horribly to katy perry.

when they arrived at the restaurant and got off the bus, she was still humming teenage dream. geno turned towards them, "you all better behave," he spoke sternly, pointing his finger around until he stopped at paige. "and you better stop humming."

"aw, dude! gramps where'd your good mood go?" he crossed his arms at her, sighing. "you stole it."

"what am i? the grinch?" she laughed out, poking him in the shoulder. "yes." he replied sharply. she pressed her lips together and turned away on her heels.

aaliyah chuckled, ruffling paiges hair. "oh, he got you there girl."

she turned away, sulking in a joking manner as they walked into the restaurant. jayden sat between geno and evina, her and the man talking about practice schedules when they get back.

they couldn't decide what their plan was, especially when march madness was slowly creeping up on them.

eventually the waitress came and took drink orders and, jayden didn't even have time to think about what she was getting. she always gets a shirley temple.

if you were out to eat and she didn't order one, it wasn't her. she got replaced by some evil clone.

by the time everybody ate dinner, it was already late. the bus ride to the hotel was the opposite of the ride prior. it was quiet, mainly because half of the girls were asleep. jayden sat next to nika with her head leant against the window, and the girl on her shoulder.

jayden spoke quietly, looking at nika in the reflection of the window, "you just really like to sleep on my shoulder, hm?"

"its not my fault that your comfy," she whispered out, sinking further into jaydens side. a crimson colour slowly spread across her face and she could only hope nika didn't notice it.

jaydens hands wrapped around her and pulled her closer, hands traveling slightly under her sweatshirt. "sleep well, niks."

she mumbled in response and grabbed jaydens burried hand, keeping it there but interlocking their fingers.

after a few minutes, nika was snoring softly into the crook of her neck. jayden sat there, smiling at the girl. nika slid down, curling into the girls chest.

paige leant through the crack in the seat, taking a quick photo and snapping herself back around. jayden whisper-yelled at the girl, "paige! turn back around right now!"

the blonde slowly appeared again,"sorry, you guys just look so adorable! can i please post it on my private?"

"fine."

paigebueckers posted