-18-

The following morning dawned bright and clear, the sun casting a golden glow over the sea. The crew of the ship went about their usual activities, but an undercurrent of tension was palpable. Seonghwa and Hongjoong stood on the deck, their hands intertwined as they watched the horizon.

“Do you ever think about what it would be like if we just sailed away, with no missions or dangers?” Seonghwa asked softly, his gaze fixed on the endless expanse of water.

Hongjoong squeezed his hand. “Every day. But we have a duty to our crew and to the mission. We can’t run from that.”

Seonghwa nodded, his heart heavy. “I know. And I’m with you, no matter what.”

Hongjoong smiled, leaning in to press a gentle kiss to Seonghwa’s forehead. “That’s all I need.”

---

The peace of the morning was shattered by the sound of a loud crash below deck. The crew members rushed toward the source of the noise, weapons at the ready. Hongjoong and Seonghwa exchanged a worried glance before following.

In the dimly lit corridor, they found a group of intruders, their faces obscured by masks. The leader of the intruders stepped forward, a menacing grin visible beneath his mask.

“Captain Hongjoong, we meet at last,” the leader sneered.

“Who are you? What do you want?” Hongjoong demanded, stepping protectively in front of Seonghwa.

The leader chuckled. “We’ve been watching you for some time. You have something we need.”

Hongjoong’s eyes narrowed. “We won’t let you take anything from us.”

The leader’s grin widened. “We’ll see about that.”

---

The fight erupted suddenly and violently. Swords clashed and the sound of gunfire echoed through the ship. Seonghwa’s heart pounded in his chest as he fought alongside the crew, his medical training taking a back seat to the immediate need for defense.

San and Mingi fought back-to-back, their movements synchronized and lethal. Jongho, ever the powerhouse, held his ground with fierce determination. Wooyoung and Yunho moved with agile precision, their attacks swift and deadly. Yeosang, calm and composed, used his keen eye to strike with pinpoint accuracy.

But the intruders were skilled and relentless. In the chaos, Hongjoong was struck by a blow to the side, and he crumpled to the ground with a pained cry.

“Hongjoong!” Seonghwa screamed, rushing to his side. He fended off an attacker with a swift slash of his blade before kneeling next to his fallen lover. “Stay with me, please.”

Hongjoong gritted his teeth, pain etched across his face. “I’m fine… focus on the fight.”

Seonghwa nodded, his heart aching. He stood and continued to fight, his determination fueled by the sight of his injured captain.

---

The battle raged on, the crew fighting valiantly to protect their ship and each other. Mingi took a blow to the shoulder, grunting in pain but refusing to back down. San received a cut to his arm, blood dripping down but his resolve unwavering. Jongho, despite his strength, was struck hard in the ribs, but he continued to fight with a fierce determination.

Yeosang was knocked to the ground, a gash on his forehead bleeding profusely. Yunho, though quick on his feet, took a hit to the leg that slowed him down. Wooyoung, though agile, was caught by a slash across his back, but he kept moving, refusing to let the pain stop him.